best kept secret in my shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
I built this panel saw two years ago from Rockler's plans (you better have a good imagination if you use their plans) and haven't used it much.I'm building a new house and decided to build my own cabinets and vanities so I tuned up the saw and started cutting panels. Unbelievable. this saw saved so much time that I more than saved the 350-400 that it cost to build. it is the best money I ever spent for the shop even though I don't use it much, it doesn't take up much room and sure beats wrestling sheet goods onto a table saw or whatever.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 233

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Hey Phil.. I have been giving some serious consideration about putting together a simple panel saw (if simple applies here). What do you like about this particular setup? What do you not like? What is the major cost investment in it?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice, I have always admired the ease in which a good panel saw can cut sheet goods. Your's looks very well built, I would appreciate some more details on it. Dave:)

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
the plans for the saw are available from Rockler, but, be prepared to do some modifications as the plans are erroneous in a couple of areas. Nothing serious just aggravating. The hardware kit is also available from Rockler . a brief description , pictures and prices are in the Rockler catalog. I believe the cost was under $400. total and it took about 2 days to build. The only thing I don't like is the absence of rollers to load the sheet goods. Takes a little elbow grease to move a large sheet of 3/4 around a 1/16" at a time. Onc e the aluminum frame is adjusted, the saw cuts right on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS