Benchwork week at the Woodwright's School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Last week was benchwork week at the Woodwright's School. Learned a ton of great stuff and cut lots of dovetails and almost completed my bench top tool chest by the end of the week. I only took brought the camera on the last day so I figured I'd post a few pictures from the last day of construction.

My bench for the week with my almost completed tool box.
main.php

Trying to learn how to properly use a panel raising plane. Ended up being one of the more difficult skills to learn.
main.php

I have gotten enough tools to bring my own for the class. I had just about everything we needed for the week except match planes ( I don't own them), plow and fillister (still getting mine into working condition)
main.php

Chopping mortises for the lid
main.php

Last shot of the week
main.php

Really, really busy week! Got to do way too many dovetails, T&G and rabbets for the bottom, mitered dovetails for the skirt. M&T and raised panel for the lid.

Wes

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Nice! I did a one day last year and really want to get back out there. A week! :jealous:

Your work looks good and you got a nice "Roy" picture. The guy at the next bench managed to blur mine :cry_smile so my "Roy" picture is my avatar - Roy took it. :)

M

McRabbet

Looks like you had a marvelous and productive week! There are four one-day workshop slots in this same classroom for four lucky winners in our raffle, so hopefully lots of folks will see just how great these classes can be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors