Bench dog ProMAX extension table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

New User
Dave
Anyone happen to have a Bench dog extension table? I am looking for a router extension table for my Proshop TS and the ProMax table looks pretty nice. It can be fitted with with either a Bench Dog Prolift insert or I could go with lifts from Jessem or Woodpeckers.

The only other extension I've seen is from Jet and it appears to be discontinued. It's also wood, so I don't think I want that anyway.

If anyone has the BD extension or knows of another option, I'd love some feedback.

Thanks!

Dave

dave

New User
Dave
Travis,

I assume you're also using one of Incra's table saw fences. Reading the info for the router table, it appears it's designed to be used with their fence as well. That would put this out of range budget wise if I would also need an Incra fence.

Dave

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I am, but there's no reason that I can see that you'd have to use their fence system with it. I don't know how they compare to other extensions in terms of price, I was just throwing it out as an alternative. There's noting propriatary about how the extension attaches to the rails, it just sits on supports that are attached to the rails and are screwd in place from the bottom. I'm sure they can be adapted to work with any rail/fence system.

Trav

dave

New User
Dave
Good point. I just normally go for something that "works" right out of the box since I like to get up and running as fast as possible. The cost is less for Incra's table though, so I may see if I can come up with a method that would work.

Dave

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
You're welcome to come by and take a look at mine if you want. It's been well used (I'm at least the 3rd owner) but you can get and idea of what you're dealing with.

Travis

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Anyone happen to have a Bench dog extension table? ..............If anyone has the BD extension or knows of another option, I'd love some feedback.

Thanks!

Dave

Dave,

Unless you are fixed on the Benchdog, MLCS also carry a cast iron extension wing. Here.....

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shop...ges/router_table4.html#cast_iron_exten_anchor

I have their MDF core version with their aluminum plate on my Craftsman 22124 saw with Biesemeyer fence and rails. It easily bolted right up between the rails and has performed well with my Milwaukee 3 1/2HP router. (The cast iron version was a little too pricey for me.:embaresse)

Wayne

dave

New User
Dave
Thanks for the link Wayne! I do like the though of having cast iron, but you're right about the price. That's one reason I'd not already ordered the bench dog - was hoping for alternatives.

Looks like the bench dog is dropping into third behind Incra and MLCS! :)

Dave

dave

New User
Dave
Yeah, I really like their lift. I guess it will depend on the table I go with as they don't all have the same size opening.

RayH

New User
Ray
Dave,

I have the Bench Dog extension with a Woodpecker lift mounted on a Delta table saw. You are welcome to stop by and see them if you are ever in the Raleigh/Crabtree Mall area. I've had them for a couple of years, but if I recall one or the other came in various sizes so they could be matched. I think they are a great combination. No experience with any of the others.:eusa_thin

Ray

dave

New User
Dave
Thanks guys!

Travis and Ray - I think I'll take you both up on your offer to stop and see your set up. I'll PM you to work out a day and time to stop by.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors