Bench Dog Cast Iron Router Table Extension & Incra Mast-R-Lift II Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftbeerguy

Craft Beer Guy
User
Evening Folks,

Just checking to see if anyone has this setup, or close to it, and what they think of it.

I've been interested in this bolt on cast iron table for quite some time. I do not have the wall space for another stationary tool. My Unisaw w/ 52" extension is on the massive Portamate mobile base which works great. I thought this setup may compliment it. Also, I'm absolutely disinterested in building another router table!

As for Incra lift. This is a design that only fits Rockler (Bench Dog Tables). I own a PC7518 so I'm not interested in purchasing a new Triton plunge.

Pricing: Amazon has the table with fence for $329 and the lift for $369. Free shipping. Rockler is the same with $20 extra shipping charge.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I can not comment in the cast iron router table as I do not have one, though I would hunk such a table would be a joy to use if near dead flat and properly finished and (if necessary) deburred.

But if this is something you are planning out I can offer one opinion. That opinion being that router lifts are a very nice luxury and often a pleasure to use if you wish to fully kit out your router table, but at the same time I have never found a lift to be at all critical to the process of routing. In my own experience with my routers and router tables having a router lift versus not having one would at most have saved me a few minutes of setup over the course of a project and I have never had any real issues with repeatability when setting up without a lift.

That being my $0.02. If you go through with the purchase you will have to let us know how they work out for you. Oh, and Merry Early Christmas to you!

craftbeerguy

Craft Beer Guy
User
I can not comment in the cast iron router table as I do not have one, though I would hunk such a table would be a joy to use if near dead flat and properly finished and (if necessary) deburred.

But if this is something you are planning out I can offer one opinion. That opinion being that router lifts are a very nice luxury and often a pleasure to use if you wish to fully kit out your router table, but at the same time I have never found a lift to be at all critical to the process of routing. In my own experience with my routers and router tables having a router lift versus not having one would at most have saved me a few minutes of setup over the course of a project and I have never had any real issues with repeatability when setting up without a lift.

That being my $0.02. If you go through with the purchase you will have to let us know how they work out for you. Oh, and Merry Early Christmas to you!

Thanks much for the feedback, Ethan, and Merry Christmas to you as well!

I'm glad you added in the insight about the lift. The thought of using one came to mind when a few select router bits for shallow passes in the PC7518 never seated "low" enough below the table. Creating a clean tenon is an example when I didn't want to change to a dado in the TS; or one bit-multiple profiles, etc. Anyway, I'll post in the Review section if I take the plunge- no pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS