Bee Tree Hardwoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inflatable Screen Door

New User
David Maida
Wasn't sure where to post this but here goes.

I needed just a few longer boards to finish a project I'm working on so not knowing where to go I looked in the yellow pages. I ended up at Bee Tree Hardwoods. They are located right next to Warren Wilson college on Bee Tree Lake Rd. They have all kinds of rough saw hardwood lumber. All kiln dried and ready to go. I got some plain sawn red oak for 2.75 a board foot. They also had quater sawn red oak with pretty tiger stripes in the stack priced at 4.25/BF. I don't think they mill but they do kiln dry wood. They seamed to have a good supply of oak, cherry, maple, etc... They were very helpfull in picking out the few boards that I needed Make sure I would be able to make the pices that I had planned without running in to a knot or something. The board feet were correctly calculated if anthing a bit under calculated. This was my first experience buying rough sawn lumber so I don't know if the pricing was goo, bad or ugly. But I'd go there again.

M

McRabbet

David -- that's a good find. Their prices are only slightly higher than Gennett Lumber in Asheville, but if they charge on a net talley as you suggest, then they are good folks to deal with. Do you know if they have a website? If you can post as many details (full address, phone number, website or e-mail address, contact person), then all our fellow WNC folks can benefit, too -- I can also add their name to our NC Wood Suppliers on the left under More Pages. Thanks for the info.

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
David, That is good information. I, too, would like more contact information. I will be teaching a tablemaking class the last week of April at JCCF in Brasstown and that is not much out of the way if it is in Fletcher or Asheville area. Will be looking for another post from you.

Jerry

cskipper

Cathy
We went there today and were very pleased. They were very helpful - willing to help you find boards you liked and we felt the prices were reasonable.

M

McRabbet

I had Steve Coles add their name to the NC Wood Suppliers listing -- looks like a winner! :eusa_danc

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
cskipper said:
We went there today and were very pleased. They were very helpful - willing to help you find boards you liked and we felt the prices were reasonable.

Cathy, did they have any 4/4 and/or 8/4 cherry?:?:

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS