Be Careful Cleaning Under The Lawn Mower

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
With this lovely high humidity keeping grass damp all day long, grass clippings cling underneath my mowers. As I was de-thatching under my push mower Friday. I brushed my hand against the underside of the mower. I cut the middle finger on my left at the second knuckle.

I knew at first glance it was a deep cut, but I applied pressure for 15 minutes. Bleeding stopped only until I moved my finger, then it was bleeding heavily again. Drove 15 minutes to Express Care, and 4 stitches later I was out the door. They told me to come back in 10 days to have the stitches removed. I have to wear a bandage and Neopsorin on the stitches, and a splint under my finger to keep it from bending.

I am faxing my AFLAC claim later today. Hopefully, some cash will ease my chagrin. :rolleyes:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
What on earth did you hit as most lawn mower blades, in my experience at least, tend to be rather dull? But I am glad you did not inflict more serious injuries. When I clean the underside of the deck I just use a pressure washer, no need for hands under the deck and things are thoroughly cleaned afterwards.

But still not as embarrassing as someone who has done electrical and electronic work throughout his entire life, from the age of five no less, snipping his own hand with his very own pliers late one evening and having to make a late night trip to the ER, then I had to return to finish my work even later that night to complete what I was working on at the time since the inspection was scheduled for the following morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS