Battery Powered Chain Saws

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I started buying Ryobi cordless tools when the only battery option was nickel cadmium. The drills worked fine, the circular and reciprocating saw were nearly useless. Then my son got me a couple lithium ion batteries and they completely changed the usefullness of these tools. I use them most of the time even though my corded tools are better. The cordless are just handier.

My cordless bush trimmer also works well, including on limbs up to about 1/2 inch. it does not jamb. I have a very large quantity of bushes that like to grow taller than me (6'2") so it gets used.

stevenross

steven
User
If you are going electric cordless has some distinct advantages - with all the snow and power down a corded model could be frustrating

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
What was the deciding factors for you Phil? I am still debating. Jerry

for me i wanted to be sure the electric/battery saws weren't just a gimmick, i.e. not really useful. seemed to me enough folks on here had experience with them working well for general suburban use that it would meet my needs.

as for the corded versus the battery i went with corded since folks mentioned the battery life and replacement down the road.

i thought about the only powered yard tool i've never had to do any maintenance other than replace the blade which is a corded black and decker edge hog.

so i figured given the corded one is about a hundred bucks less than the battery one i would go that route. if i don't like it I can either spend half a day getting my gas one powered back up and/or replace with a gas one down the road.

i'll be sure to post a review, most likely in the spring, when i get a chance to use the electric one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS