basket and butterfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

New User
Jay
I haven't been on the site for a little while but I have put some time in the shop. Guess I did get at least one priority right. lol I tried cutting a couple of different things. Photo's below:

IMG00011.JPG

IMG00012.JPG

Thanks for looking!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
those are sweet! did you turn it on the lathe? was the scroll your own design? Is it finished? if not how are you going to finish it?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very cool. What table angle did you use to cut the collapsing basket at?? I have always wanted to try one of those :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jay,

VERY nicely done. And yes, you do have your priorities correct. Shop time before type time. If you have any others, post some more pics. These are really nice.

Ray

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
it would be sweet if it swiveled, so the little ones could reach it and get a treat without having to see over into it.

Jay

New User
Jay
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. I coach soccer on the side and it has been really tough to get any time on the site in lately. The basket is cut on a four degree angle. You have to play with the table a little and do practice cuts to make sure it is the optimal angle for your saw though. Just try a couple angles and cut a circle and check to see if it drops into the hole as far as you want it to. The basket is on nails at both ends and the basket collapses and then rotates so that the whole thing will lay flat if you want it to for storage or whatever. The bottom foot also swings under so that it will also lay flat without removing the foot. I used finishing nails for all the pivot points although some sort of screw would work better if one planned on making use of the pivot points with any regularity. The finish on the basket is just a coat of boiled linseed oil with a coat of clear varnish over it. The butterfly is unfinished. Thank you for all your kind comments and taking the time to look. Again I apologize for not getting back sooner. Please include any constructive criticism. One of the best draws to this site is the chance to learn from someone who knows more and is nice enough to teach you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors