Baskerville, VA to Raleigh area and/or vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
If anyone is making a trip to/from the Baskerville VA area from/to the Raleigh area, Glennbear and I are looking to send some stuff in both directions (it's a swap).

It's a light load: VA to Raleigh is some electrical cord. Raleigh to VA is some lumber..it will fit in the backseat of a car.

Thanks,
-Mark

cptully

New User
Chris
No immediate plans to make the trip, but next time we are heading ti the sister in law's for a visit, I'll try to remember to contact you guys. Baskerville is right along my route to her house...

Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am planning to be in the Lake Gaston area next weekend. I will not be all that far from I-85 and Bracy or South Hills, VA. Will that help?

Glennbear

Glenn
I am planning to be in the Lake Gaston area next weekend. I will not be all that far from I-85 and Bracy or South Hills, VA. Will that help?

Definitely right in my area on this end, I could meet you with the southbound cord :wsmile: Whatcha think Mark?

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Scott - I need to go into RTP this week, so I could drop the lumber off at your place if you are willing to take it up.

If so, pls. PM me with your address.

-Mark

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Glenn, the first handoff has been made. I will be driving up that way after work on Friday. I hope to leave Cary by 4:00. I can swing through Bracy on my way up to Gaston or we can meet Saturday or Sunday. Send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Glennbear

Glenn
Today I met Scott (NC Scroller) at Lake Gaston and passed along the wiring for the southern trek and he gave me the wood from Mark (mkepke). I got to meet Scott's lovely wife Jane and their adorable dog Sophie. Scott contacted Lorraine (LWHughes) while we were in the area and I got to meet her and hubby Al, saw her shop and finished projects, very nice work! Nice day, nice ride, nice folks, thanks to all for making pony express and friendship such a wonderful part of this group. :wsmile: Now that I have the wood for drawer runners I am about out of excuses for not having my shop benches constructed yet :rotflm:

Last edited:

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
It's a good day when you can get three woodworkers and one understanding husband on one deck to enjoy an afternoon. It seems that we woodworkers on this area of the state now have enough people to plan a get together. Here's thanking Scott for thinking of me and Glenn. It's always a good day when you get to meet a new friend. Lorraine

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Glenn - glad you got the lumber (thanks to Scott !).

If it wasn't apparent, there is some ash mixed in with the red oak. Since this is for runners, it shouldn't matter (hidden), but if you recycle some of that into a visible area, you'll want to double-check the species.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors