Barn beam

jrmckins

New User
Jim
I'm looking to replace the (incredibly ugly) 1970's era mantel above my fireplace and am considering a barn beam. Can anyone recommend a good source in the Raleigh area? I'm willing to drive 1-1.5 hours if needed.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
What are the measurements for your current fireplace mantel (l x w x thickness)? Picture?

What size barn beam would you like to find as a replacement?

I'm looking to replace the (incredibly ugly) 1970's era mantel above my fireplace

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Hey Jim, I have a good supply of barn beams from a couple buildings I took down on my farm. I'm located in Four Oaks, NC. About 40 minutes from Downtown Raleigh area, straight down I-40. I work in downtown, so could assist with delivery if needed as well.

Let me know what size you are looking for and I can send some photos. Feel free to call or text.

David

919-625-4310 cell

jrmckins

New User
Jim
Man, I need to check here more often (or figure out why I'm not getting alerted when people reply).
The existing mantle is:
l-7ft .5 in
w- 8.25in
h-3.75in

jrmckins

New User
Jim
Se
Hey Jim, I have a good supply of barn beams from a couple buildings I took down on my farm. I'm located in Four Oaks, NC. About 40 minutes from Downtown Raleigh area, straight down I-40. I work in downtown, so could assist with delivery if needed as well.

Let me know what size you are looking for and I can send some photos. Feel free to call or text.

David

919-625-4310 cell
Sent you a text! Thanks!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Man, I need to check here more often (or figure out why I'm not getting alerted when people reply).
The existing mantle is:
l-7ft .5 in
w- 8.25in
h-3.75in

You have to check your thread to see if there are any replies there aren't any flashing lights or sirens to alert you.

jrmckins

New User
Jim
You have to check your thread to see if there are any replies there aren't any flashing lights or sirens to alert you.
No. I get emailed alerts when comments are posted to threads I'm "watching". I just missed the update for this one.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I had a piece of pine I thought might work for you but it has nail holes in both of the 3" thick faces. I was impressed when I counted the growth rings and got 23 per inch.

Roy G

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS