Barbie House Storage Dresser - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
I was going to update my WIP post, but found that it was closed. No prob'. I just opened a new one.

Just a reminder, this was a small set of drawers to go under my daughters' 3-story Barbie house. I designed in:
  1. Two drawers for all the Barbies and accessories
  2. A pull out shelf stained green for front yard
Well, a month later and it is done!

GirlsDresser_Finished.JPG

When they are done playing, they will be able to pull out the drawers under the shelf, close the shelf and INSTANT CLEAN-UP!!! :gar-Bi Gotta love that one!

The long-term idea is that when they outgrow the Barbie house, I can build some additional 'modules' that can expand this into a chest of drawers or an armoire.

The wood has some history as well. The birch solids and ply were originally designed to be my first-born's changing table... she's currently 8 years old. I guess some projects were never meant to be! The pecan is from a tree blown down by one of the hurricanes several years ago. My wife used to play under that tree as a girl. All in all, very cool history!

The finishes include:
  1. Bartley's Pecan Gel Stain on the pecan drawer fronts and trim
  2. 2 Coats of Orange Shellac on everything
  3. and 3 more on everything except the drawers
  4. Finished up with Paste Wax
If I had it to do again, I would problably have gone with a blond shellac. I like the contrast of the white birch and the stained pecan. But, this matches the girls' bedroom furniture better.

This is what it looks like in place:

GirlsDresserInUse.jpg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
That's a great project, Marvin. Hope you have a place to store it when she outgrows her Barbies. I think it will be saved and handed down to the next generation. :eusa_danc

Bill

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Looks awesome and the wood history adds to the story,great thinking on down the road use as a base for chest.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS