Bar Clamp Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
The pads on one of my Irwin Bar Clams are missing. Irwin has replacement pads on their website but not for this model clamp. I contacted their customer service for the part number. They don't sell them. To their credit, they're sending me a free clamp. While I appreciate it, I really want the pad. There's no way I'm throwing away a perfectly good clamp. Bessey and others have pads. Does anyone know if they fit well on the Irwin Bar Clamps? If not, I guess I'm going to be testing some of the glues recommended in a previous thread to see how well I can attach a piece of rubber to the clamp surface.

attachment.php

List of available Irwin replacement pads at Grainger

attachment.php

Bessey offers replacement pads
. It seems they should fit. Has anyone tried them?

Attachments

• clutch-lock-bar-clamps-65.jpg
    clutch-lock-bar-clamps-65.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 00013302_0.jpg
    00013302_0.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 303

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Barge glue works great for rubber and leather to each other or either to metal. It is a contact cement type of glue used in the shoe industry quite a lot. Paint it on each surface, let it dry, stick the pieces together, done. Just be sure you put the pieces where you want it, it won't move once you let it touch.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vtargid=kwd-3561220005&ref=pd_sl_6gbomdi24a_e
Is this glue available from any local suppliers? I've checked several with no success.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
+1 on the cork or leather pads.

Harbor Freight sells a 3 pack of replacement pads (3 fixed end + 3 screw end pads) for 1.99. They might just fit.

gator

George
Corporate Member
It's the cheapo way to go (but I'm cheap anyway) but I use plastic bottle caps.

George

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
It's the cheapo way to go (but I'm cheap anyway) but I use plastic bottle caps.

George
Financially conservative rather than cheap. Sound so much more elegant. My grand sons used to say "Never ask Papa or Nana for any money. They are cheap!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors