Bandsaw resaw fence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Seeing Bruce's thread about making the jig to flatten his blade screw reminded me of what I've been doing this week. And yes, Scott is right. A jig needn't be expensive to work. I had to do some re-saw of 8" & 12" ash on short pieces. To further complicate things, the re-saw had to be tapered. To accomplish this, I scribed a line along the end grain parallel to the face, and another along the grain with the taper I needed. Using a speed square against the workpiece I adjusted the table angle to the tapered line. I then clamped the speed square to the band saw table slightly behind the blade teeth with a vise grip clamp on the left side and a piece of plywood lapped over the speed square blade & clamped to the outfeed side of the table. Fired up the saw & kept the piece against the blade of the speed square & had my pieces in no time at all.
And didn't pend a dime. :gar-La;

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, Bruce didn't do any, so I thought I could get away with it! :gar-Bi

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Well....gasp...but...uh...pictures of a piece wood 1/4"x3/4"x4" with an itty bitty hole in the end??? :embaresse Now I won't be able to sleep because of all the guilt I'm feeling Dennis!:tongue2:

:wink_smil:wink_smil:wink_smil:wink_smil

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well....gasp...but...uh...pictures of a piece wood 1/4"x3/4"x4" with an itty bitty hole in the end??? :embaresse Now I won't be able to sleep because of all the guilt I'm feeling Dennis!:tongue2:

:wink_smil:wink_smil:wink_smil:wink_smil

lol

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
[URL="http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/../pp/showphoto.php?photo=59904"] [/URL]

You want fries with that?
Drogar-Laugh%28DBG%29.gif

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/../pp/showphoto.php?photo=59904

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS