Bandsaw and lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Saw this in my neighborhood facebook page. If anyone is interested let me know and I will IM the seller

Bandsaw and lathe
$3,000
Charlotte, NC (28215)

we are relocating to Granite falls NC ...so I'm scaling down to a benchtop lathe. The Grizzly 17" bandsaw and powermatic 3520 lathe are up for sale... both like new..just need to pick them up.

chat-to-buy.png
Message Seller

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Always nice to know if they will part them out. Not really in the market, just curious.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I'm not sure how expensive that lathe is, but the bandsaw can be had for about $1000 delivered to your door brand new.

http://grizzly.com/products/17-2-HP-Bandsaw-Anniversary-Edition/G0513ANV

Saw this in my neighborhood facebook page. If anyone is interested let me know and I will IM the seller

Bandsaw and lathe
$3,000
Charlotte, NC (28215)

we are relocating to Granite falls NC ...so I'm scaling down to a benchtop lathe. The Grizzly 17" bandsaw and powermatic 3520 lathe are up for sale... both like new..just need to pick them up.

chat-to-buy.png
Message Seller

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I have the same bandsaw. Haven't put it through it's paces yet, but seems like a good saw right now. 2HP.

JonB

Jon
User
I paid $2700 for my 3520B in '07, the A was no longer made at that point. There was a substantial price increase shortly before this due to cast iron prices, I'm fairly certain an A model was $2000 or less in the early 2000's. I would guess that lathe to be 12-14 years old and by the picture I would disagree with a "like new" condition. I would say that $1500 would be a fair price, I've seen used B models go for between $2000 & $3000 although they are rare to come up.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Hey Chris,

Sorry, I wasn't even planning to comment on the original post at all but that does not appear to be a Powermatic 3520 B Model. We'd have to see the headstock or better photos to be sure.

In 2007 or 2008 I passed on ordering a 3520b with bed extension and some other options. I'm 100% sure (I used to have the e-mail from two different vendors with the price) that delivered in my garage was $2,500 for a B. This was during the spring/fall 15% off sale and from well known dealers. Powermatic was throwing in the bed extensions at the time. As you know, price is much higher now. Believe me, I've smacked myself any number of times once the lathe by itself went above that package price!

Back at the tail end of the A model, they were routinely on Amazon for $1,600 - $1,800 and not some crazy one day thing. At the time, I thought speed readout and goofy door on the tail stock was worth the extra money of the B. I don't know what other price the A went for. I only looked at the A during a short period of time.

BTW, I'm no expert on Powermatic lathes but wasn't there a straight model 3520 before the A model? Could this even be a 3520?

JonB

Jon
User
There was indeed a 3520 model before the A, it was made in TN. The company was sold and moved manufacturing to China and released as the A model. By the picture this lathe would be either a regular 3520 or an A model, you tell by the tail stock and the banjo. There were some differences between the A & B models (digital speed readout, door on the tail stock and a couple other minor things) but nothing earth shattering. Anyone interested in this lathe would, I'm sure, be happy with it, it's a good solid lathe. I'm very happy with my 3520B and would only consider an American Beauty as an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS