Baltic Birch 3/4 x 4' x 8'

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I'm willing to place the order for the 22 sheets of 3/4" 4X8 BB Sanded Clean BB/BB if we can get it for $50 or so a sheet delivered. I live in Pinehurst so it would be picked up from here. I would take 4 sheets and If we get enough of us together to buy the additional 18 sheets I will order it. However, I do want a check ahead of time from anyone for the number of sheets you want. I will call the company tomorrow to get a final price for the 22 sheets delivered so that we have a final price per sheet.
In the meantime, if you want to buy any, you can let me know the number of sheets you want and I'll see if I can put it together.
Please remember that it would have to be picked up in Pinehurst.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I sent an e-mail to the supplier and just got a reply. Total delivered cost per sheet comes to $53.20.

See my previous post if anyone is interested in splitting up an order for 22 sheets. Total cost for the 22 sheets of ply is $1170.

Here is the reply from supplier:

Good evening, Frank,

Thank you for your message.

Below please see our current price delivered to a residential address in Pinehurst, NC without accessorials (lift gate, inside delivery, etc.):
3/4'' 4x8 BB/BB, unfinished - $50.90 per sheet. 22 sheets per bundle. For purchase of 1 bundle at a time

The cost of a liftgate is $50, if needed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.
Regards,
Timur Tashpulatov
Quality Plywood Products LLC
Tel: (770) 648-5455
sales@qualityply.com

www.qualityply.com

Last edited:

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
Steve
I will have to check on the price. I don't remember for sure. I usually get several items and don't pay attention to individual costs, in the 40's I'm sure. Probably not good enough for a trip to Hickory. The hardwoods are very reasonably priced I think. They have a website but not much info and no pricing. The guy I deal with is Daniel.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve
I will have to check on the price. I don't remember for sure. I usually get several items and don't pay attention to individual costs, in the 40's I'm sure. Probably not good enough for a trip to Hickory. The hardwoods are very reasonably priced I think. They have a website but not much info and no pricing. The guy I deal with is Daniel.
Thanks, I'll touch base with them on pricing. Looking at potential sources for 8/4 to make a few cutting boards.

Frank,
I'll be in for 3 sheets, Pinehurst is close enough for the deal! I'll PM you about getting you the money.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Thanks, I'll touch base with them on pricing. Looking at potential sources for 8/4 to make a few cutting boards.

Frank,
I'll be in for 3 sheets, Pinehurst is close enough for the deal! I'll PM you about getting you the money.
Thanks Steve. I'll put you down for 3 sheets. So far I have requests for 9-10 sheets. When and if the other 12 sheets have buyers, I'll then ask for money before I order them. I just don't want to be sitting with this bundle of plywood without knowing they are all accounted for.

Inarticulate

New User
Matt
Steve,

If I did 4 sheets, would you be able to haul them up to Raleigh along with yours? If so, I'm in for 4. I don't mind paying in advance, either, just to make it easier on you, Frank.

-Matt

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
What is the difference between this and the 4x8 "marine ply" that you can get from the Hardwood store in Gibsonville. I have used it in place of BB .

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
What is the difference between this and the 4x8 "marine ply" that you can get from the Hardwood store in Gibsonville. I have used it in place of BB .

I've not got the stuff from the hardwood store, but I have gotten the 4x8 marine ply from capitol city (which I think is the same).

I think the marine ply uses an exterior glue. The marine ply is supposed to be a better grade with no (or less) voids, less overlaps. The capitol city stuff has two a faces, instead of an a and a b.

I'm not 100% about the glue. As for the other features, I've not noticed a difference in quality that justifies the extra cost. If I was building boats I might feel different.

A 4x8 is also a lot easier to carry.

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
Also, the 4x8 sheets are slightly cheaper per sq ft than the 5x5 sheets at Capitol. I haven't checked the hardwood store prices.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Also, the 4x8 sheets are slightly cheaper per sq ft than the 5x5 sheets at Capitol. I haven't checked the hardwood store prices.
A couple years back I priced 1/8" x 5' x 5' BB at both Capital City and The Hardwood Store. Capital City at that time was more than double the price of the Hardwood Store.

UPDATE: I found the old thread from December of 2018. CC wanted $47.00 a sheet with no quaintly discounts vs $20 (for 3 or more) from THS. THS single sheet price is $25. I asked the guy CC 3x to make sure I was not hearing things. Needles to say I walked out.

Last edited:

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
A couple years back I priced 1/8" x 5' x 5' BB at both Capital City and The Hardwood Store. Capital City at that time was more than double the price of the Hardwood Store.

UPDATE: I found the old thread from December of 2018. CC wanted $47.00 a sheet with no quaintly discounts vs $20 (for 3 or more) from THS. THS single sheet price is $25. I asked the guy CC 3x to make sure I was not hearing things. Needles to say I walked out.

I don't buy 1/8" for anything, so I can't speak to the pricing on that. The 3/4" marine is cheaper at CC. Also, when I made an account at CC, it dropped the price of single sheets something like $10 per.

It's all very expensive. I spent a good few days calling places around the triangle during quarantine, shopping around. I've found everything is cheaper from a commercial supplier.

Edit: I don't buy a lot of hardwood and CC is closer to me, so it makes more sense for me to go there. They have other supplies I need that the hardwood store doesn't have. So I'm not trying to make this CC vs the hardwood store. Also not trying to drift this thread too far.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
not sure if hardwood store applies the ncwoodworker discount to plywood so not sure if that has been taken into account during pricing comparison.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
Did this buy happen? I'd be in for three or four sheets now or in the future.

After posting that I would coordinate the buy but did need a commitment from anyone wanting any, including payment up front so I didn't end up with a skid of plywood, only one person, Steve (Bear Republic) committed to it and agreed to pay his amount. You were asked specifically the number of sheets you wanted and never did commit as to numbers or willingness to pay up front.
The original thread like many others, ended up being hijacked by others stating where they buy it, prices they pay as well as statements that had no bearing on the original statement. At that point I gave up. If someone else wants to coordinate this I'm in for 4 sheets and am willing to pay up front with no questions as to other places to buy, 1/8" or 1/4", whether it's available during quarantine or any other nonsense..

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
For some reason I didn't get a notice that there was a reply. That seems to happen a lot with this board. In any case, I'm in and will prepay if anyone decides to proceed. Thanks.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm willing to place the order for the 22 sheets of 3/4" 4X8 BB Sanded Clean BB/BB if we can get it for $50 or so a sheet delivered. I live in Pinehurst so it would be picked up from here. I would take 4 sheets and If we get enough of us together to buy the additional 18 sheets I will order it. However, I do want a check ahead of time from anyone for the number of sheets you want. I will call the company tomorrow to get a final price for the 22 sheets delivered so that we have a final price per sheet.
In the meantime, if you want to buy any, you can let me know the number of sheets you want and I'll see if I can put it together.
Please remember that it would have to be picked up in Pinehurst.

"You were asked specifically the number of sheets you wanted and never did commit as to numbers or willingness to pay up front."

I guess we were supposed to reply to Frank explicitly but he didn't put out a sign up sheet. He vaguely offered to coordinate a group buy but never followed up.

Patlaw3 sheets @$53 each $159

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS