Backsplash tile installer - Apex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Does anyone have recommendations for who I could use to install a tile backsplash? I have done most of the demolition and will re-install the drywall but I have no intention of doing tile work. I am in the apex area.

thx

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I did my own when I did a kitchen remodel. It really was not that hard.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know a few but they say they are booked up for the foreseeable future. Just another sign that construction in the triangle is full throttle.
As Scott said it really is not too hard to do yourself

Best of luck

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I am not in your area but I've had pretty good luck picking people for other things I did not want to do using HomeAdvisor.

I will add the third comment that you should just do it, however. You do not need to use thinset, you can just buy a tub of mastic, a notched trowel (type depends on the tile) an angle grinder (if you don't have one) and be done in a few hours. I do floors myself too but backsplashes are much easier. I use a "cracker" on straight cuts to speed things up but an angle grinder works. I just us a cheap abrasive blade sold for brick and concrete. Works well. Might need a couple but they are only a few dollars.

I've used a wet saw a couple times but only on granite tiles. dry grinding heats the tile up and natural stone has veins in it that may cause cracks to open up if you dry grind it. So wet saws make sense for granite and marble (although I just dry cut thresholds and they almost always come out fine). But for normal tile, a cheap abrasive blade in a cheap grinder is all you need (and all I use).

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
If you do decide to do it yourself, and use thinset, I recommend buttering the back of the tile as you put it in place as opposed to applying the thinset to the wall and then placing the tiles. When I did mine, I tried putting it on the wall first. The wall sucked all the moisture out of the thinset before I could make a second swipe, much less place any tile on it. Buttering the tile worked very well.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS