Back to My Roots

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well after being away from wood for sometime with only a couple blips of classes run last summer it appears that I am on my way back to doing my own woodworking. It looks like I'll be pulling out a few tools and firing them up for the first time in over 1 yr to do a cabinet job for my FIL. Ah I remember the days of a cold garage and extension cords... While I swore I would never do cabinets again, it's an opportunity to make some sawdust and I'm excited at the opportunity to brush off the literal and figurative rust and getting back to it. It has been far too long.

Now... I've just got to remember how to do this... :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Thats Great News~!

Cabinets are fun once they are finished. I worked at a cabinet shop and when we would have down time, I would make swords out of the scraps.

Ran by three brothers and then me. It was fun~! Best cabinet shop in St George Utah and it's still going today after 9 years of being away. Stoney Woodworks~!

DavidF

New User
David
That's great news John! Is there a school or something nearby you could have some lessons?:rotflm: It'll soon come back to you.....

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome back, John!!! (You've been gone way too long.:cry_smile)

I am sure that building those cabinets will be just like ducks to a pond and fish to water.:wsmile:

Don't forget those obligatory photo's!

Wayne

(Note.............Your Woodguy disease is running rampid 'round here!)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome back John. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Ironically, I just got to make sawdust again today after a while with my tools in storage. I'm doing some crown molding at the folks' place. It's been a while and it shows. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Glad you're getting back into some action. :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Welcome back to the fray, John! I have some great memories from old times making cabinets in your shop! Happy to have you back.
100_2663.JPG

View image in gallery

woodguy1975

New User
John
I remember that class. :) That shaper was a blast to use. It made a great rooster tail of chips. :) It didn't last long in the shop, but was fun to while it lasted

Ahhh, I can almost smell the wood again. :)

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS