Back out to the Raleigh Flea Market on Saturday Oct 24

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Will bring planes, including some more unusual ones. Also some bits to go with the braces I have.

If you have any requests, I'll see if I have it.

See my other thread about last week to see some of the planes I'll bring.

Anyone interested in my bringing the big H. Chapin complex molding plane?

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Well, I'm going to be bringing a selection of planes, including the Sargent version of the Stanley 78 fillister and rabbet plane in perfect condition. I'm bringing the Miller Falls and Sargent bench planes I mentioned in the other thread. I'm bringing a couple of Type 11 #5's, one that is intact and only some surface rust that needs some basic TLC, for only $35. Another Type 11 #5 is all set up, sharpened and ready to go. A Stanley #6 with a Hock blade and chip-breaker for not a whole lot more than the blade by itself. Also a Miller Falls 707 block plane sill in the box, and a few honing guides including a Veritas Mk II Deluxe Honing guide set, in the box, used only a couple of times for less than half new.

I'm bringing two sets of Jennings bits for the braces I'm also bringing. One has 12, the other 14 bits and both are in original canvas rolls.

I've got a Disston #7 panel saw and a couple of D-8's, one pre war, one just post war. Both the D-8's are sharpened with one having some wear since the last sharpening, and the other barely any. One's a 10 and one's a 7 dpi, and both are crosscut.

I've got a rare Disston tool that's not a saw, I've only ever seen one other, from the 1865-71 "one son" era. You'll have to come see it in person.

I'm bringing a few spoke shaves, including a Stanley metal shave (53?), a Kruz concave spoke shave, and a wooden one that is marked "xxxxxx Philadela" and "(something) Institutes" It's a very well-made wooden spoke shave.

All are priced to sell. I may throw in a few more things on the way out the door.

We'll be behind the Dort arena, around the corner from the main part of the market. It's worth the trek. And remember, it's free to get in, and there's fair food!

See you at the fair!

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Here’s the table.

Attachments

• 32D9A472-FC4B-46F9-B0A7-E1DFE255A3DB.jpeg
    32D9A472-FC4B-46F9-B0A7-E1DFE255A3DB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
How'd it go? I thought about going but went to Oriental and caught a bunch of specks instead.

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
Pretty good. The two Craftsman planes are the only bench planes I brought not picked up. I’m now thinking of a full tool blowout garage sale on Nov 7th. Everything will be out and priced to sell.

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
Pretty good. The two Craftsman planes are the only bench planes I brought not picked up. I’m now thinking of a full tool blowout garage sale on Nov 7th. Everything will be out and priced to sell.
I'd be interested in coming by if you decide to do it.

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
The Lee Valley set was purchased. I still have a couple of the smaller, simpler honing guides for $3 each. Those, along with a lot of other great stuff will be at my garage sale next Saturday, Nov. 7th. See my other For Sale post for specifics.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS