Baby Spoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeCe

New User
Dave
Hey guys and gals,sry hadnt been on lately,got the heart thing going on again and havent felt to good,.....my brother and his wife are having a baby and i wanted to make it some stuff,ive done a bowl and a cup now i want to find out how to do a spoon just for the lil tike...any help out there on making a spoon and wut type of wood is the best?:eusa_thin

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hi Dave, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, at least enough to enjoy the site and some woodworking projects :icon_thum

For a baby spoon, I would probably go with Maple, as it is tight grained, non-porous and strong. I would go to the store and buy a baby spoon and use it as a model to size your wooden one. It would be pretty easy to carve, because a baby spoon isn't very deep nor very thin in it's profile. You would probably want to make the handle easy to hold for adult hands (I am assuming that this will be a spoon for feeding the baby).
Sounds like a great project, please post some pictures of the set once you have it all complete.

P.S. I moved your thread to General Woodworking because I think it belongs better here, and might get more exposure.
Dave:)

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
If you have a drimel tool you could use a bur bit.Glad to here your doing better.Been there done that,just take your time.BTW after you outline the spoon you could trim out the dip before you cut out the shape. More to clamp it with.Just my 2cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors