August 2015 Contest - Turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil has been busy with personal issues so I'm starting this off for August. Show us your turning projects. This should be a popular one.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
wow 7 days and no entries? well I'll kick start this thread. old turning but here goes.
tribox3.JPG

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
A simple Cocobola bowl I turned for our new house. It still sits front and center of our mantle and holds a foul ball my daughter caught at a Mudcats game. She even had Muddy sign the ball.

gritz

New User
Robert
This is a 14" walnut platter I turned for my daughter and SIL as a wedding present. The picture doesn't pick up the subtler blue, red and purple colors. It's the best piece of walnut I ever have seen and the wood was more worthy than the turner.
photo 1.JPG

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
wow 7 days and no entries? well I'll kick start this thread. old turning but here goes.
tribox3.JPG
Far out - looks like something they would dig up on ancient aliens. I like it and that's saying something considering - well you know...

Rick M

New User
Rick
You can barely tell but this is turned box, made for a 2x4 woodworking contest (didn't even come close to winning).

Rocket_Ship_12.jpg

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not as many entries as I expected, but all very fine pieces. We're closing out August and I'll be posting a voting poll in a few minutes. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS