Auction - Woodworking Tools

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Always strikes me as so sad to see a whole shop of tools for sale when a woodworker dies.
I was thinking exactly the same thing, at least I won't know about it when it happens!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yes it is always a reminder that time keeps moving and our time on this planet is finite. So, we make the best of our time, at least most of us do.

As my father use to say, "never worry about getting old, you're not getting out of here alive".... :oops: :)

I was thinking exactly the same thing, at least I won't know about it when it happens!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
This recalls a tail I heard some time ago. It goes like this. When confronted with his shop after death he is reported to say "I hope to God the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told I paid for it !"

Pop :D

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saturday, February 20th at 9:30 am

Estate of the Late Richard Hines

Address: 917 Spero Road, Asheboro, NC 27203​

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Sounds like a life well-lived:

Obituary of Richard Douglas "Dick" Hines
Richard Douglas "Dick" Hines, age 84, of Asheboro passed away on Sunday, November 15, 2020 at his home. Mr. Hines was born in Heartland, OH on August 21, 1936 to Douglas and Dorothy Darling Hines. He was a 1954 graduate of New London High School in New London, Ohio and attended Ohio Northern University in Ada, Ohio. Dick served his country in the U.S. Army National Guard. He was a member of the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. He was formerly employed with Paschal Machinery and Stedman Manufacturing. Dick was a member of the Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity and the American Ceramics Society. Dick's lifelong hobby was woodworking, and following his retirement, he became a full-time woodworker and furniture refinisher. In addition to his parents, Dick was preceded in death by his wife, Erma G. Hines, daughter, Rebecca Seip Newhook, and sister, Priscilla Jenkins. He is survived by his son, Gary A. Seip (Florise) of California; daughter, Margaret Seip "Peg" Colosimo (Peter) of Pennsylvania; and 6 grandchildren, including Sarah Rohn (Ryan) and Laura Manko (Eric). A private memorial service will be held on Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 1:00 pm at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, 505 Mountain Road in Asheboro with The Reverend Joe Mitchell officiating. The service may be viewed at either facebook.com/goodshepherdasheboro or youtube.com/c/goodshepherdasheboro. Memorials may be made to the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd Memorial Endowment Fund, 505 Mountain Road, Asheboro, NC 27205. Pugh Funeral Home in Asheboro is serving the Hines family.

Bonanza

New User
David
So they had a Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw and a Grizzly G0459 Drum sander. They were supposed to auction them off at 11:30 but I didn't stick around. Anyone know what they went for?

J Miles

New User
Bodean
So they had a Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw and a Grizzly G0459 Drum sander. They were supposed to auction them off at 11:30 but I didn't stick around. Anyone know what they went for?
I didn't make it. I was going to go for the lathe but something came up. Do you know what it went for?

Bonanza

New User
David
I left at 10:30 so I don't know what the woodworking stuff went for. When I left they were on little items

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS