Attachments to a Conversation

Jeff

New User
Jeff
How do I attach a web address or PDF file to a conversation? There is not an "Attach files" method in a Conversation window.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeff you should see an attachment button at the bottom such as in these pictures. For links you should see what looks like a paperclip on the upper bar. If you are not seeing these send us a screen shot of what you are seeing.

NCWW help with attachment 2.PNG
NCWW help with attachment.PNG

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeff this is above my capability to fix. I am not sure why you are not getting the "Attach files" button. I do not see anything abnormal in your user profile permissions. The little icon on the bar above that looks like two links in a chain will let you add a weblink and the one just to the right of that will let you add a picture. Ron or Neal will have to look at the "Attach files" button.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I understand. I have the "attach files" button in the usual forum replies window but not in the conversation window.

Try to send me a "Conversation" and see what you see about an attachment.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
It may be a browser issue. Mine looks weird if using Internet Explorer but looks perfect if using Google Chrome. I sure the version matters as well. Maybe updating your browser or switching to a different one will help but I'm no computer expert.

FlyingRon

Ron
It wasn't just Jeff. Apparently, when we had that bout of spammers who were using Conversations to send spam, I had removed some of the conversation features from the "new users" but apparently, I didn't restore them all to the normal "user/senior user/corporate member" levels. This should be fixed. You should have attachments and the "conversation folders" feature back.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors