Assembly Table- I posted a video! New Version Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I finally bought a small videocam and uploaded a short video of my original adjustable height assembly table. It is posted on the American Woodworker site which I believe requires Flash video viewer, a pretty standard helper function.

Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, I'm not. Nor am I Steven Spielberg or Cecil B. Demille! :dontknow:

I just posted a revised version. Most of it is the same; I was mainly experimenting with my editing software and dubbing audio.

Take two.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Assembly Table- I posted a video!

Wow,

That is just Cool to see that in somewhat person! Live video made much more sense then just the pictures I saw of your table you made however many months ago.

Thanks for sharing, it was good to see what you look like and a well made table.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff

That's an awesome design! I need to build an new workbench/assembly table and I've been thinking of ways to have adjustable legs. Have you ever put casters on one of your tables? I need mine to be movable.

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

That's an awesome design! I need to build an new workbench/assembly table and I've been thinking of ways to have adjustable legs. Have you ever put casters on one of your tables? I need mine to be movable.

Thanks.

I haven't put casters on either the assembly table or the woodworking bench, but it certainly could be done.

I am going to try to shoot a video of the bench tomorrow. Both of these are to learn how to make the videos before I post one about the magazine article table. I just found Windows Movie Maker software on my computer so hope to do a better job editing and will add titles and transitions to the next one.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member

Alan,

That's absolutely fantastic. It's so simple, yet profound. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to make a height adjustable table for my paint room, but everything I was coming up with was either too complicated or too expensive. Now I have the solution. Thanks for sharing this marvelous idea.:thumbs_up:icon_cheers:eusa_clap

Matt

bwat

New User
Bill

Awesome video! :icon_thum Simple, functional, durable, size adjustable and inexpensive - couldn't ask for more in an assembly table. Is this the torsion box table top you mentioned in a previous thread?

thrytis

New User
Eric

The video looks good. One thing you might want to add to your bench video is a demonstration on how stable it is. Get up on the top and dance around:banana: or give it some good pushes side to side and back and forth. Stability will be important for someone thinking about building this project.

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

The video looks good. One thing you might want to add to your bench video is a demonstration on how stable it is. Get up on the top and dance around:banana: or give it some good pushes side to side and back and forth. Stability will be important for someone thinking about building this project.

Excellent Idea!! I may do that for the next assembly table video too!!! Thanks!!

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

Hey Alan,

How long did it take you to make that torsion box part of the table?

Thanks

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Hey Alan,

How long did it take you to make that torsion box part of the table?

Thanks

Not long. I used a simple jig to batch cut all the ribs (not the time consuming piecing method used by David Marks on his DIY show and copied by the Woodwhisperer. Everything is held together with just glue and brads. There is a thread on North Carolina Woodworker that documents the construction of the table in the video. The construction of another table will be covered in detail in two articles- How to Build a Torsion Box and Adjustable Height Assembly Table (legs article), in the Dec/Jan issue (#145) of American Woodworker which should be on the stands in early Nov.

sapwood

New User
Roger

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Only thing missing are the rolling credits :mrgreen:

Roger

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

One thing you might want to add to your bench video is a demonstration on how stable it is. Get up on the top and dance around

Eric, I'm sure that you realize that this is a "family" web site and our moderators are certainly not going to allow any video's of "table dancing" ..... :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt

Eric, I'm sure that you realize that this is a "family" web site and our moderators are certainly not going to allow any video's of "table dancing" ..... :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

I definetely would NOT pay to see that! or see for that matter!~:rolf:

jhreed

New User
james

AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE JUST AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER. TURNS OUT YOU ARE ALSO A MECHANICAL ENGINEER AND QUITE A CRAFTSMAN. I AM 6'5" AND WOULD SURELY ENJOY SUCH A TABLE IF MY SO CALLED SHOP HAD ROOM.
CONGRATULATIONS!
JAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS