Are Y'all coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Picnic 2009 - Saturday May 16th

Hey all,
Picnic 2009 is only three weeks away and we're hoping for a great turn out. Alot of people are new and should come just so that they can meet some of the members. If you haven't been around much, there's alot not of NOT internet related things that we do socially, such as meeting for lunches and happy hours, and learning sessions such as the HOW meetings, and informal carving meetings in the Charlotte area. This is a great way to meet people informally, the cost is free and nothing is expected from you.

There will be covered tables, a private beach for us with shower facilities, plus horseshoes, volleyball, and other things to do. There should be a bunch of kids of different ages, if you have kids. Plus people showing off some of their creations, and maybe even a demonstration or two. I know that the location is a distance from some of you, but believe me that it's fairly centrally located in the state and people will be coming from all over.

So if you're shy and feel a little awkward, don't be, just bring a little something for the potluck, see the sign up sheets, or don't. Just be there and we'll greet all y'all with smiles.

I hope to see y'all there,

Last edited by a moderator:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Let me echo JimmyC's wonderful comments!

The picnic is loads of fun. Good old fashioned fun. The kind with good food and a lake. I brought my puppy last year, he still talks about it.

For those with significant others, spouses, children, pets, neighbors or herds of sheep, come one come all.

One thing I noticed last year, was most of the conversation was about life. Sure, there were wood related topics, but most people talked about everything under the sun.

Here are pics from last years picnic.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1206

I look forward to meeting lots of new folks and renewing old friendships.

Oh, and eating at least enough to losen my belt a notch or two.

Jim

M

McRabbet

I must agree with both Jimmy and Jim here. The Picnic is a real blast and this year's should be as great as ever. We always have a Show 'N Tell Table for anyone to show off their latest creations and a "Pass it Forward" Table for folks to bring a "freebie" to share with a fellow member. If you've never attended, then you're in for a real treat -- it is a family affair, so bring the young'uns too! My wife and I are coming from the mountains and we both look forward to renewing some friendships and making many new ones. She and I will talk about what food we can bring and we will be signing up to help satisfy a bunch of hungry mouths.

Let's see if we can beat last years attendance, which was about 165 people.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Let's see if we can beat last years attendance, which was about 165 people.

With all of the new folks that we got over the last year, I'm hoping that we can blast past the old number of attendees.

Come on out y'all, you're in for a treat.:gar-Bi

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Are you? I know some things happened last year to keep you away. You are the biggest cheerleader for this shin-dig and you didn't even get to enjoy it last year.

I can't say yet if we can make it, but I am leaning towards yes. (Meaning LOML and I).

Last edited:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Are you? I know some things happened last year to keep you away. You are the biggest cheerleader for this shin-dig and you didn't even get to enjoy it last year.

I can't say yet if we can make it, but I am leaning towards yes. (Meaning LOML and I).

Will,
It's good to hear from you Bro', and yes I will be there it became official today.:icon_thum

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Tom,
My girls will love to meet Charlie the beagle, we can't bring our bulldogs because dumb doesn't begin to describe them :gar-La;, and I'm looking forward to meeting you and Carla.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
not sure yet but if we do I'll bring a dish to pass. dont know what it may be [:widea:sawdust and milk?] but we'll bring sompin.:gar-Bi

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
LOML and I will attend. Y'all get to meet the person who puts up with me 24/7.

JimmyC: This is deja vu all over again. Want to see you there this year.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
not sure yet but if we do I'll bring a dish to pass. dont know what it may be [:widea:sawdust and milk?] but we'll bring sompin.:gar-Bi

I've eaten that, I think that call is Kaschi, or something like that. :gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS