Are there any antique tool or re-purposed building supply stores or anything similar in the Raleigh area?

Rob01

New User
Robert
I've got a doctors appointment at Duke tomorrow and thought I might browse around some stores. My google searches haven't been fruitful... my searching ability has been pretty poor because I'm sure lots of these places exist.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Habitat has re use stores in Apex, Fuquay, Cary, Raleigh, and Sanford. Sometimes the gods smile just right, and they are a treasure trove.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
There is also a Habitat store in Pittsboro, a few blocks from Ed's Tools Store.

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
Klingspor in Cary usually has a few vintage tools that they take on consignment.

Rob01

New User
Robert
Call before you go. It's not a full-time business.
I just checked the website and doesn't look to be open this weekend, only when classes are held or by special arrangement. Next weekend they have a class... bummer.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I just checked the website and doesn't look to be open this weekend, only when classes are held or by special arrangement. Next weekend they have a class... bummer.
If you can wait until 9/17 the NC chapter of the Midwest Antique Tool Collectors' annual blowout at Ed Hobbs' place in Raleigh happens. If you can't find 3-4 versions of what you need there you can get along fine without it. You may be too late for the barbeque sign-up though. At the last one I attended there were at least 50 old tool vendors.

Home Page - M-WTCA

September 17, 2022 Raleigh, NC Ed Hobbs (919) 828-2754 hobbsedandkathy@gmail.com

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
If you can wait until 9/17 the NC chapter of the Midwest Antique Tool Collectors' annual blowout at Ed Hobbs' place in Raleigh happens. If you can't find 3-4 versions of what you need there you can get along fine without it. You may be too late for the barbeque sign-up though. At the last one I attended there were at least 50 old tool vendors.

Home Page - M-WTCA

September 17, 2022 Raleigh, NC Ed Hobbs (919) 828-2754 hobbsedandkathy@gmail.com
Is that just an open event or do you need to sign up/be a member?

hobbsed

New User
Ed
Is that just an open event or do you need to sign up/be a member?
You need to be a member. You can join online and then contact Ed.
If you have questions, please call or email me. We are open to those that share our interests and don't stand on formalities. :D We do need to know if you are coming and pre registration is required to speed things up on Saturday morning. No BBQ this year but PLENTY of user and collector tools plus a demonstration of foot powered scroll saws and a treadle lathe. Here is a link to a video that was shot here back a number of years ago
Thanks Ed!!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you have questions, please call or email me. We are open to those that share our interests and don't stand on formalities. :D We do need to know if you are coming and pre registration is required to speed things up on Saturday morning. No BBQ this year but PLENTY of user and collector tools plus a demonstration of foot powered scroll saws and a treadle lathe. Here is a link to a video that was shot here back a number of years ago
Thanks Ed!!
Ed (@hobbsed) Thank you for posting this and thank you for hosting this every year! (proud MWTC member!)
Question: is this September 17th only or will there be some tailgating on Friday the 16th as well?

hobbsed

New User
Ed
The reason Ed's Tool Store won't be open is he will be attending the meeting here in Raleigh!! Am going to put a new post up so this will be seen again.. Plan on having a demonstration for foot powered scroll saws and a treadle wood lathe!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS