Anyone with a CNC router interested in helping me with a sign project - Asheville area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
Hey folks. I'm looking to get a yard sign (roughly 24"x15") routed with a logo to hang on a post. I have the logo already in multiple file types. My local sign company wants a mint to do this. Wondering if there are any makers here that might be interested in the job or have any advice for me? I'm in Asheville.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I do not have a CNC but I made a large sign for a church once. I sketched out the lettering and symbol onto luan plywood. I think cut out the areas I wanted to be routed with a jigsaw. Then I tacked the luan to a glued up blank of pressure treated lumber and used a plunge router with a template guide screwed to it's base to cut the figure into the wood. I painted the routed areas white and the rest a dark brown. The church was happy with it. Cost was low but it did take some time.

SawDustin

New User
Dusty
Hey folks. I'm looking to get a yard sign (roughly 24"x15") routed with a logo to hang on a post. I have the logo already in multiple file types. My local sign company wants a mint to do this. Wondering if there are any makers here that might be interested in the job or have any advice for me? I'm in Asheville.

I might be interested in looking at this. I got a small CNC that I’m breaking in, and definitely wouldn’t charge you an arm and a leg. I’m in the Triad but could ship if you wanted?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

What were they making it out, sign material can be very pricey but it's designed to last out doors. And was it finished/painted or raw for you to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors