anyone who can power plane a 15"w piece of mahogany

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

hi, i need to get a piece of mahogany that is 18"l x 15"w run through a planer... i am located in raleigh nc... please respond via e-mail to hotrodriot@hotmail.com... thanks much... jonny

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Bumpity bump, I know some of y'all out there have planers that wide...I wish I did, I would help if I could.
Dave:)

bman

New User
barry
I think that if he\she would register and become one of us he\she might get some help

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Folks, this forum is for people who might not have an interest in woodworking or joining the site to post their requests for Custom Projects. I have picked up several commissions from it :-D
Most of the people who make a post here, won't check the site often, if at all. If you are interested in helping this guy out or any other that might come along shoot them an e-mail or contact them by the provided means.
I am sure there is someone in the Raleigh area that could help him out.
This forum has great potential to provide members with custom work. Many people find it because they were told of it...let's keep the good word of mouth going around.
Dave:)

Toddler

New User
Todd
Hey HotRodRiot,

I'd call up your local high school to see if they have a wood shop.

I've used the cabinet shop at Duke, of course I worked there.

Todd

bman

New User
barry
sorry guys did not realize the forum that i was reading no disrespect was intended:slap::slap::slap::slap:

barry

if i had a 15 " planer i would be happy to do it for the poster but i limit out at 12"

M

McRabbet

One other suggestion -- if anyone in the area of the requestor has a drum sander, that could probably do the job he/she needs. I bought time on a big drum sander to flatten a 23 inch x 10 foot x 8/4 slab of Bubinga last Spring and it worked well...

Just my .02 -- I'm afraid I'm too far away to offer up my 26" Woodmaster sander to do the job.

U

Unregistered

Hi, thanks to everyone for the advice... toddler thanks sorry i didn't get back to you, i took your advice but they couldn't do it, but thanks so much all the same... travis... yeah i'm sorry i didn't get your e-mail... but if you do somehow read this again i'd really appreciate the help and i'll make sure you're fairly compensated... so if you wouldn't mind trying again to e-mail me i'd really appreciate it, so thanks to everyone... jonny e-mail at hotrodriot@hotmail.com

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just received an email back from this guy, Jonny. I had sent him a suggestion. Anyway he said he has tried to email Travis and register for our site without any luck with either. I am guessing he has an email issue. His return email is: hotrodriot@hotmail.com. I would be happy to help but my planner is only 12". Travis can you try again and also send me your email address.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Scott would you please? I go out of town again early on Monday so my free time is going to be short for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS