Anyone know how to get Matte finish on epoxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
I need to use clear epoxy on some bark. I'd like it to be as unnoticeable as possible while keeping it clear. Any thoughts?

I'm considering finishing the epoxy surface with matte fixative, but not sure if it'll adhere, and with lots of nooks and crannies I expect it wouldn't be a consistent finish. Probably best modified as the epoxy is applied.

Thanks,
Mike
Chapel Hill

tandemsforus

John
User
Once heard to mix in a little talcum powder to dull a bright paint. Not sure if that would put a matt finish on epoxy finish but you might try a test run on some scrap.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
KlassKote Flattener additive should work well for you. There are many flatteners - this one is made for epoxy

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I need to use clear epoxy on some bark. I'd like it to be as unnoticeable as possible while keeping it clear. Any thoughts?

I'm considering finishing the epoxy surface with matte fixative, but not sure if it'll adhere, and with lots of nooks and crannies I expect it wouldn't be a consistent finish. Probably best modified as the epoxy is applied.

Thanks,
Mike
Chapel Hill
Top coat it with matte lacquer

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Thanks, all- I'll experiment with talcum and lacquer first just because it's cheap. Flattener is what I wanted, just a bit expensive with shipping.
Mike
Chapel Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors