Anyone here have a ClearVue CV1800 or CVMax?

LB75

George
I'm hoping someone here has one of these cyclones. If you do, can you share a picture of how you transitioned from the intake chute to level piping? I'm working on installing my new CV1800 and was hoping to just tie it in to the existing 6" S&D piping I have run through the shop but that 11 degree angle of the intake chute is giving me fits.

I'm sure I could dive back into high school trigonometry to figure this out but I'm hoping someone here already solved the problem. Thanks!

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Based on recommendations in the Clear Vue forum, I used a Fernco 6" flexible coupling to make this 11-degree transition. Worked well. See:

LB75

George

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I used a 6"
IMG_0964.jpg

mbromley

New User
Bromley
I actually just went through this earlier this week as I have the CV1800 and am setting up a new shop. I used spiral metal ducting and my main trunk extends straight out at the 11 degree angle. I was able to slip the connectors some on the drops down to correct for the 11 degrees. So essentially my 90 degree is more like 100 degrees. Unfortunately you probably don't have that option with pvc because I think the fit is tighter.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
my main trunk extends straight out at the 11 degree angle
Good work! Always good to keep these runs as straight as possible and minimize any bends, or where a bend is unavoidable, make the turn as gradual as possible and the angle as shallow as possible.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Looks nice! Love the straight run of your main line. Thought for you: is there any way you could inset 5' of straight run before your first drop? Clear Vue and Bill Pentz are pretty emphatic about this straight run reducing turbulence entering the cyclone and improving performance.

mbromley

New User
Bromley
You make a good point... Not a great use of space to do it but it's possible. I'll run it like this initially. I would probably have to just add another bend to the first drop which isn't a deal breaker.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Looks great. You are going to be very pleased with that system. I have had mine for over twenty years and never even a hiccup. This past year I decided to do away with the filters and went straight thru the wall to the outside. I see no evidence of any dust outside although I may build a muffler as it sounds like a freight train. This was an easy choice after clogging those filters for the ??? time. Tremendous difference in suction. I also addressed the noise in the enclosed the top portion of the system and sound proofed it. I wish I had done that years ago. You can now easily have a conversation with the system running.
IMG_0969.jpg
and

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS