Anyone have a big truck I can borrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I am still trying to figure out how to get my Dad's deconstructed 16x20 shed from DC to Charlotte. Does anyone have a box van I can borrow for about a week?

Last edited:

MikeH

New User
Mike
Good luck Mike! I know this would be a great opportunity for you. I hope it works out!

Thanks Ed. I just can't swing the $300-400 for the truck rental right now. Might just have to save my nickels and buy the shed one 2x4 at a time. :rotflm:

Rob

New User
Rob
Mine's in the shop Mike, or I would loan it to you. We're still trying to figure out the air flow issue it's having.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Mike, I don't have a truck that size. :nah:

BUT, I can tell you from experience hauling lumber from Ivey's to my place, you're gonna spend between 2 and 3 hundred bucks on fuel, unless you find something super efficient.:icon_scra
:wsmile:
Good luck, mate.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Mike, I don't have a truck that size. :nah:

BUT, I can tell you from experience hauling lumber from Ivey's to my place, you're gonna spend between 2 and 3 hundred bucks on fuel, unless you find something super efficient.:icon_scra
:wsmile:
Good luck, mate.

I've already come to the conclusion that it's not going to happen. :eusa_doh:For the expense of the rental and fuel I can almost buy all the lumber I need. I was really hoping to reuse the material, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Ah well. :BangHead: I'm going to keep looking for material a little more local.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I've already come to the conclusion that it's not going to happen. :eusa_doh:For the expense of the rental and fuel I can almost buy all the lumber I need. I was really hoping to reuse the material, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Ah well. :BangHead: I'm going to keep looking for material a little more local.

I just drew up plans for an 8 x 10 and a 10 x 10 shed. Using SPF frame, OSB sheath or Hardi-panel siding, I came out at close to $1000 after a couple of windows and two 32" doors using Lowe's prices. (This is on a lumber base frame). I know you can beat their prices, but this is for a shed 1/4 the size you are talking about. I was really surprised at how the cost of anything larger than a 2 x 4 has increased.

Go

gator

George
Corporate Member
Don't know if you have one near you but the latest Builders Discount Center flyer has 16 x 16 shed kits for $1049 and 20 x 20 for $1545. This includes lumber, floor, shingles, hardware, nails and blueprint. this is wood 4 x 8 siding, vinyl siding adds about $300.

I built my shop from their 16 x 24 garage package (with mods) and was happy with the plans and materials (and the cost).

www.buildersdiscount.net

George

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Mike,
Contact Randy (The Woodbutcher) and see what he can do. He gave me a good price on fresh cut SYP 2X lumber last year for my shed extension. You'll need to stack and sticker it for a few weeks to dry but it's worth it. I spent less than $500 total on an 8X12 including Randy's 2X's, blocks, 2X6 PT Floor joists, OSB floor, LP Smart siding and Ondura roofing panels. Nothing like the smell of fresh cut SYP on a 90+ degree day! Glad that's behind me!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I had a guy come out last year to build my "barn" shed. It was his little company, and he had one helper. We built a 1 1/2 story tall barn, 16x12, for $2200 (which was the best I could find without building it myself). This was the contact info I had (not sure if they are still around or not). In any event, you may just want to have him quote the size you want. They put the thing up in a day. Some parts cut in his shop. others cut on-site.

[SIZE=+1]Barn Style Builders[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1218 W Franklin Blvd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Gastonia, NC 28052-3739[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](704) 865-4774‎
[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS