anybody with portable milling capabilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sberube

New User
seb
A woodworking friend of mine needs to take down two fairly large oaks on his property and I suggested to him he should consider trying to find someone who has a portable milling capabilities to harvest the wood (his dad, a veteran woodworker, things he could get about 900 bf out of them!). He lives near Troutman. If you have that kind of gear and are interested in such a job, please send me a personal message with your email and I'll pass your info along to him!

Cheers.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Here's a link to the NCWW Sawyers listings:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/view.php?pg=sawyers

C.

I went there and found no one close to Lenoir, NC. Funny, I see loads of Lumber coming out of the mountains on
"our road" (route 90) daily and there is a collection point two miles away - but no portable Sawyers listed close enough to do me any good.

So, next question: Is there a list of folks who can lift a 24" caliper, fifteen foot long Walnut log (and another as long, but maybe 14" caliper) and take it to a sawyer for me? I can't lift it (or drag it) with my 20HP Kubota 4WD. My neighbor has a somewhat larger Ford that may be able to move it. Any help? (;harles

EricS

Eric
Senior User
Charles if you email me i will give you a name of a guy that has a portable woodmizer thay lives right of the 90

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Charles if you email me i will give you a name of a guy that has a portable woodmizer thay lives right of the 90

Love to, but, just joined this list and don't see a way to e-mail you directly! ten.orezten@fnesselrahc will get to me if you hold it up to a mirror!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS