Anybody wanna make some Christmas money?

llucas

luke
Senior User
I posted this not long ago with little response.
Not sure of the time-table for getting this done, but Joe is a very nice guy should be easy to work with.

A friend of a friend salvaged a blow down white oak and is looking for someone to build two oak top desks for his daughters. I am oversubscribed and told him I would check for some interest on this site. I you might be interested see the contact info below and his description of what he has in mind.
Scott Smith has kiln dried the wood for him.
Thanks.
Please contact me via PM with your contact info and I will forward it to him.

Hi Luke,
Thanks for your very generous assistance. I'm grateful to you for the kind help with this project.
As I mentioned, I'd like to find someone to make two similar oak-top writing desks, each approx. 40" x 26", one for each of my daughters. See the photos attached for general aesthetic, noting that I want a finished top surface (rather than rough as in some of these photos). I need to find a woodworker to fabricate the finished wooden tops, and perhaps handle the base as well, although I know the guys at the Storybook Farms Metal Shop in Chapel Hill as an option. We'd use the 5/4 quarter-sawn white oak that I've just had kiln dried at Whispering Pines. That wood is not yet planed. I have approx. 330 board feet and these desks would just use a tiny portion of that total.

Again, my thanks for the help

Joe Mosnier

Last edited:

llucas

luke
Senior User
Thanks
He's ok with the info in the post, but perhaps it would be better to go through me to reach him.
edited now.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS