Anybody in the Ral area w/ a plug cutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Anybody in the Ral area w/ a plug cutter who wouldn't mind helping a brother out?
I'm in the process of putting down ~650 sqft of prefinished RO hardwood floors to cover the whole upstairs of my house. I figured out how exactly I want to do the bull nose part at the top of the stairs. I want to put down a 7" (because that's what I have on hand) by stair width piece and notch it for the tongue of the hardwood flooring. To further secure it, I want to screw it into the floor joists and then plug over the screw holes. I'd rather use a plug cut out of a board face rather than a dowel because the surrounding board will be stained and the end grain of a dowel will obviously take the stain differently than the face of the board.
Here in lies the problem....
I don't really see myself using a plug cutter very often and on top of that the arbor shaft on my drill press is broken. Add that to the fact that my wife is due in 9 weeks and lets just say...the nesting instinct is strong in her...
So just need a little hand.
Anybody?

T

toolferone

I have several different sizes. Let me know if I can help out.

DavidF

New User
David
I've got the the veritas tapered plug cutters that make a good job, welcome to borrow those if Tom hasn't fixed you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS