Anybody have a spare motor they’ll sell? (Triangle)

Caseykasem

New User
Casey
I’m looking for a single phase 3/4-1HP, 110/220V, 1725RPM motor with a wider base. I’m sure I can make a smaller base work but I’d rather not make any mods to this bandsaw as the motor bracket is old “arn” and will be like drilling through 6 FT of steel.
Cash/trade

I’m in Apex/Cary/HS/Raleigh area

wolfsburged

New User
Bill
It would be helpful to post a photo and type of the original motor and bandsaw. What is the frame size marked on the original motor nameplate? This will give you the information needed to size a replacement physically - mounting holes, shaft diameter and length. Note that sometimes you will get a 'custom' type motor that is not quite standard - extra long shaft etc.

Caseykasem

New User
Casey
It would be helpful to post a photo and type of the original motor and bandsaw. What is the frame size marked on the original motor nameplate? This will give you the information needed to size a replacement physically - mounting holes, shaft diameter and length. Note that sometimes you will get a 'custom' type motor that is not quite standard - extra long shaft etc.
It’s a ‘39 Walker Turner 16”

this is the only photo I have of rhe nameplate before it was unable to be read. I’m almost positive the drive shaft is a 5/8” andI’ll have to follow up on the length.

Attachments

• 5D850D91-C015-40F9-A3C1-63F094323208.jpeg
    5D850D91-C015-40F9-A3C1-63F094323208.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I'm just about to post. I have 3 3/4 hp. motors to sell with Pillow blocks, a couple of shafts & pulleys. These are working motors. I was asking $100.00 for the lot. I'm in Charlotte. 704-519-6826

Pop

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
HVAC Contractors are pulling out old furnaces with blower motors of the size that you are looking for. They usually just go to metal salvage.
Maybe you can get one of them to save a motor or two for you. A $20 tip would likely get you one quickly. I had one saving me belt triven blowers with the motors some years ago. Had all of the blowers that I could ever use in a couple of months.

Charley

Caseykasem

New User
Casey
HVAC Contractors are pulling out old furnaces with blower motors of the size that you are looking for. They usually just go to metal salvage.
Maybe you can get one of them to save a motor or two for you. A $20 tip would likely get you one quickly. I had one saving me belt triven blowers with the motors some years ago. Had all of the blowers that I could ever use in a couple of months.

Charley
What a great idea!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS