Any Oneway lathe owners here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Thinking of pulling the trigger, it will either be a 2436 with an extenstion bed, or a 1640 with an outboard bed. Not sure how the 1640 would handle a big bowl from a log and if the 2436 is perhaps an overkill?

Despite its limitations and bad reviews, my little Grizzly 1495 has been faithfull for over 10 years now, with lots of hours. Even done 16" bowls outboard with it. Have to replace the Reeves pulleys now, but can't complain as it has done a lot of work and it has been good considering what I paid for it. Time to say goodbye though to this lathe.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I'm not a Oneway owner, but a turning friend of mine in town has one and it's a beauty. I have the PM3520, and it's solid as a rock too. If I were to do it again though, I'd get the Oneway 2436 Stainless Steel version, and buy every accessory they have. That's how my friend here is setup and he's spoiled when it comes to turning!

Joe Bradshaw

New User
Joe
I have both the Oneway 1224 and the 2436. Great lathes. I have the short extension for the 2436. Both of them are built like a tank. I would go for the 2436, the outboard capacity is tremendous(44" if I remember correctly). If you ever get up to the Cary area, you are welcome to stop by and give them a try. Remember, you can turn small on a big lathe, but you can't turn big on a small lathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS