Any junk Southbend Model 9's around?

Southern_Canuk

New User
James
Title pretty much says it all, I need a spare parts Southbend model 9 or one to use parts from this one on another, I acquired one for cheap and the ways, gears, and jaws are very good condition but it is missing some parts so I am hoping to find another destined to the junkyard Southbend and rescue it also. Anyways if you know of any sitting around somewhere please let me know!

aircooled

New User
Newb
That's a tough one. Most any Southbend I've looked at - including the ones that should be sold for scrap, carry "collector" pricing. However, I have seen people parting out perfectly good lathes on Ebay. Have you looked there? Might be an economical solution if you are only missing small parts.

Southern_Canuk

New User
James
Yeah I figured it would be but you never know unless you ask, I checked ebay and everyone wants a "collecter price" for a simple part. I figure someone may have had something with damaged ways, missing gears or along those lines that would've diminished the value greatly. The one I snatched up the guy thought it was a wood lathe.

I am actually missing countershaft and back gear cover are the big items, damaged items are 1 foot, tailstock spindle lock and bull gear cover.

Last edited:

95vette

New User
Jim
Hello, I have some odd and ends pieces, don't think I have any covers, but I will not be home again till the end of the month.

Southern_Canuk

New User
James
Hello, I have some odd and ends pieces, don't think I have any covers, but I will not be home again till the end of the month.
That's perfectly fine. I have 3 other pieces of equipment to restore before this one so please contact me when your available so we can work out something.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Do you know about owwm.org? I would ask around there for the specific parts you need. There are a lot of hoarders on that site and people are quite friendly. The forum has a dedicated section for metalworking machines.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS