Antique 1905 Band Saw Crescent Machine Co, Leetonia, Ohio, Cast Iron - On "that" auction website...

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
eBay seems like an odd platform to sell something with local pickup only. Looks like it ended with no bids

Skymaster

New User
Jack
those prices are insane, all PLUS shipping; most of the hand tools are more than the new versions. rip off insanity

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
@bob vaughan I didn't understand what you meant by "what used to be a Crescent band saw" can you explain?
In its present condition that assembly of parts is a LOOOONNG way from being a band saw. Many hours of restoration labor and many dollars of parts will make it a band saw again.
Over the decades I've seen many of those Babbitt bearing (a poured lead alloy) line shaft machines get bought and then the owner realizes that they are in way over their budget and skill level to get it up and running as originally designed.
I will say that the motor looks to be a single phase RI motor but it does have sleeve bearings.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
In its present condition that assembly of parts is a LOOOONNG way from being a band saw. Many hours of restoration labor and many dollars of parts will make it a band saw again.
Over the decades I've seen many of those Babbitt bearing (a poured lead alloy) line shaft machines get bought and then the owner realizes that they are in way over their budget and skill level to get it up and running as originally designed.
I will say that the motor looks to be a single phase RI motor but it does have sleeve bearings.
Oh, yes, I guess I assume that everyone thinks they are buying a piece of cast iron that is the basis for their erector set (that comes without instructions) LOL

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS