Another turning class report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Offering a different experience than what George had with his turning class with Alan Leland. ( See post for complete details )

Since I couldn't make Woodguy's bottlestopper class, I signed up for the bottlestopper class, instructed by Alan Leland, at the Raleigh Woodcraft.

There was 2 other turners in the class with no experience. I rate myself right next to them in terms of experience, been turning just a few short months.

I'll have to admit, I had a different experience. Alan had patience, and taught us newbies with great passion. George is right though, there are alot of techniques that must be practiced.

I was a little early, and the other students were late. So as a bonus, Alan taught me how to sharpen my super dull tools.

I'll plan on taking more classes as I can find the time.

Just thought I'd offer my experiences.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm glad you had a good class. Alan spoke about one of his projects (flat work) at the last TWA meeting and I could see/hear that he was a good teacher. He explained things very well and was interesting to listen to. So when do we get to see your bottle stoppers??????

Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Photos... umm.. oh yeah.. I'll get that taken this afternoon. Duh... How could I forget.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
around this crowd???? I think we forget, just so we can get razzed more about posting pics. :p Which of course leads us to posting more, forcing the chase after DL, Insom, and of course DaveO:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS