Another new guy here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryC

New User
Barry
Where to start? I have read this forum for a couple weeks and decided it was time to join and introduce myself. I am a total newbie to making beautiful things from ordinary pieces of wood so I'm probably going to be asking stupid questions and bugging the crap outta you guys for awhile. I have a shop so close to being ready for me to move in I can hardly wait. Hopefully I'll get the final inspection early next week and then she'll be mine, all mine!!!!! My primary interest over the past few months has been making knives. Haven't gone as far as forgeing the blades so I buy those and wrap a handle around them. I am really into traditional archery and I made the arrows I hunted with this year and my goal next year is to hunt with a bow that I made.

Looking forward to making your acquaintance and maybe even making saw dust with you!

Barry

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
Welcome to the group! Bring on the questions. Often people have questions that I didn't know that I needed the answer to. Lots of knowledge here, great people!:icon_thum

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Barry,

Welcome, I just dug out my small Browning bow from when I was a kid. Shot it the back yard for a while a few weeks ago. Man that was great.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Barry! We're glad to have you and look forward to meeting you and seeing pictures of your work. Have you considered stopping by Kyle's on Sunday afternoon? He is fairly close to you and it will be a great time. Here is the LINK to the thread about the get together on Sunday.

Badabing

New User
Joe
Welcome Barry! You'll find this is a great place to make friends and learn a whole lot of stuff ;-)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Barry,

Welcome. It's great to have new members, the more the merrier. It seems everyone has something to bring to the table, so feel free to start or join in on any posts.

Jimmy:)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome Barry :eusa_danc A stand alone shop:crybaby2:That is what I need :BangHead: Good luck and ask away

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Welcome Barry! This is the best WWing site on the whole WWW! Nice folks always willing to help out. Don't hesitate to jump in with questions or suggestions.
Take care,

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Barry. Theres a great group of people here and allways willing to help with an answer. I ought to know I've asked enough of them so ask away someone here will know.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Barry -- We'll look forward to pics of your shop and your dusty efforts. Happy to have you join!

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site. Gladto have you join.:icon_thum

Danny [mouse]From the center of the state.[/mouse]

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Barry, I am glad you could join us, and really appreciate your intro.

I am a total newbie to making beautiful things from ordinary pieces of wood so I'm probably going to be asking stupid questions and bugging the crap outta you guys for awhile. Barry
Great, I have lots of stupid answers, and I am full of crap so I'll last a while :lol::lol::lol:

The only stupid question is the one not asked :icon_thum

I look forward to your input in the forum and hopefully seeing some of your work.
Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Barry. You have come to right place to get your questions answered and to have some reeal fun.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the group! We all learn from everybody's questions. As new members join we get new ideas. Please feel free to ask and you will, at least, get a lot of suggestions.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome to the fray! You've just hooked up with the greatest bunch of chipmakers anywhere! Post pics and questions. You'll get looks and answers, I promise.

Love to see some of those knives.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome Barry! This is a great group of folks here that are willing and able to answer all of your questions.

As for your interests....very cool. I have an in-law that forges blades. Yet another slippery slope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS