Another Lowes gloat....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Was in my local Lowes today and happened to find this....Regular price $119, marked down to $29.50. Thought it might make a decent shop cabinet. This is the 1st one I assembled. Will get to the others as I can...
IMGP0003.jpg

IMGP0006.jpg

T

toolferone

It is always good when you get something good for cheaper then you can buythe materials and build it your self. Nice score! How many did you buy?

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Tom, Yes, I would rather spend my free time on other woodworking projects other than shop cabinets right now. Bought 8 for $240 + tax. About the same as 2 would have been regular price. Seem well built and have locks. They should work fine. I have a utility building that I can move them too whenever I decide to make my own.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
OK, you absolutely positively SUCK on this one. :eek:ccasion1 I've been looking for a small metal cabinet for oh, a year now. Came close twice on CL. I might just wander over to Lowe's tomorrow, who knows, someone here might be clearing out too.

Awesome score!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum

Wait a minute...others? OTHERS? :swoon::swoon:

Outa Square

New User
Al
Wow....

Did that come from the Lowes in Morganton? The seem to be more generous on their markdowns than either Lowes in Hickory.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
They look like great cabinets for storing flammables too!:icon_thum:icon_thum

That is one fantastic discount.

Congrats

Wayne

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Yes, it came from Lowes in Morganton. The salesman said corporate just decided to quit carrying that particular unit.May be elsewhere, I just stumbled upon these.

thrytis

New User
Eric
I've seen posts on other boards that these are that price at most Lowes. One near me had this price up but only the display was there.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
I went back to the Morganton Lowes today. I originally bought 2 because my vehicle was full. So I went back today to get 2 more. The price had changed to $59. Talked the manager into letting me have 2 more for $29.50 each. Had planned on buying all 8, don't know what they will sell the rest for. Well, at least I got 4 for the $29.50 each, albeit 1/2 of the number I had planned on. I'll check back tomorrow and see what they will do.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Well, I went to the Lowes in Garner, and the price was $29.50, but there were none left. Called the Lowes at Crossroads and they only had 1 left. Then called the Lowes in Apex and they had 7 in stock! Ran out there after work, and they were $59, a good but not great deal. I wound up not buying any after all that ......:dontknow:

Touchwood

New User
Don
I went back to the Morganton Lowes today. I originally bought 2 because my vehicle was full. So I went back today to get 2 more. The price had changed to $59. Talked the manager into letting me have 2 more for $29.50 each. Had planned on buying all 8, don't know what they will sell the rest for. Well, at least I got 4 for the $29.50 each, albeit 1/2 of the number I had planned on. I'll check back tomorrow and see what they will do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi All,

I checked out Lowes in West Raleigh this morning...they had 6 but priced at $59. I told the ToolWorld sales guy that some stores were selling them at $29. He said if I could find a store at that price, he would match the price. I scurried home and looked for other Lowes in the area..like with 919 or 910 area codes. Found one..1-903-831-5700. They had one left at $29 (not even $29.50)..but they're in TEXARCANA TX. :rotflm:
Didn't matter to our guy. ( I don't think he knew the store was in TX...just looked at the area code and said OK).He said they treat it the same as a competitve price and match it. I got all 6 for $174 plus tax. List would have been $720.

If you want to get some of these cabinets, find a store that has them at $59, and give him the phone number of a store selling them at $29.50...even if that store is sold out. They should match the lowest Lowes price. The store manager knows this.:icon_thum

Don

" In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water, there is bacteria" ....Ben Franklin.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Went back to the Lowe's in Apex and asked the Manager if they would price match the Garner store, which had them on sale for $29.50. He said no problem, and I picked up the last 6 units (except for the display).

Funny thing, when I went to check out, even though the display price was $59, the price that came up on the register was $29.50. They even took one of my 10% off coupons to bring the price to just below $27! Now I just have to find some room in the garage for them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors