Another Drawer Slide ?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Has anyone used these Euro type slides on a cabinet with inset drawers?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Richelieu-2-Pack-16-in-Drawer-Slide/50041726

I have a few pair left over from previous builds. I found them adequate at the time - inexpensive and very simple to install. Every time I used them though it was for an overlay drawer front application.

My latest project calls for inset drawer fronts in a faceframe. Should I be concerned about the left/right, upper/lower reveals difficult to attain? I have noticed in the past that there is a tendency for the drawer to move a little left to right when opening and closing-hence to concern about reveal and possibly rub on the fraceframe.

Thanks for your input.

Wayne

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry Wayne, I've only used the soft close undermount drawer guides for inset drawers. However, that being said, I don't see why you couldn't use them. You will have to add a block to the back side of the face frame to fasten the drawer guide to other than that it's all about the length of the drawer and drawer guide.
Hey good luck and post some pictures of what you are doing,

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
Ive used the euro slides on two dressers that I built for my kids. I made the drawer box then added a separate face for the front, which I adjusted to the opening. 5AB12A5F-600E-413D-82BC-21726129B24E.jpeg

If using one piece of lumber for both the drawer box and face I would hesitate to use euro slides.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS