ANOTHER CHANCE TO ORDER PHENOLIC SHEETS!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I ended up with several sheets left over because some who wanted them couldn't make the pickup points. Therefore I am once again offering full sheets of 1/2" and 3/4" materials as I have a good surplus still in storage. I am also planning to cut some 3/4" into 24"x36" router table tops. Single sheets of 1/2" are $5 per sq.' and 3/4 $6 per sq.' Multiple sheet purchases are $1.00 per foot less. Lots of cutoffs in various thickness also at great bargain prices. Remember you can saw, cut, drill, and tap the sheets with carbide saws and cutters. It glues up well with CA glue and epoxy, plus some other adhesives you will need to research before use.
All the inserts I have, which are many, were all preordered and a separate deal I made with Ron Lee, and I really want to get them all to you. Please respond with how you would like this handled. I've already talked with some of you in my area. Give me a PM for my phone # or email
www.scrollsawbruce.com or PM me in the conversation button. I am planning another distribution run to areas convenient for everyone, even should it take more than 1 run.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I would like a 24x36x3/4. see you at the picnic!:) I just finished building a router table but a phenolic top would be nice.

Reactions: cpw

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
You've probably said before, but how big are the full sheets? Wondering if they'll fit in the CRV or if I'll need to bring the truck to the picnic. That would be a good place to meet and get some if you still have it then.

cpw

New User
Charles
You've probably said before, but how big are the full sheets? Wondering if they'll fit in the CRV or if I'll need to bring the truck to the picnic. That would be a good place to meet and get some if you still have it then.

5' x 5' just like Baltic Brich

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Ken, most of the 1/2" are 5x5' but I found some 3/4" sheets to be 4x5' with some 5x5'. They are a tremendous bargain, but very heavy and hard to handle alone. I'll be very happy when I'm done wrestling with them!

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Ken, most of the 1/2" are 5x5' but I found some 3/4" sheets to be 4x5' with some 5x5'. They are a tremendous bargain, but very heavy and hard to handle alone. I'll be very happy when I'm done wrestling with them!

very heavy and hard to handle alone is an understatement. I unloaded a 3/4" that was 4x5 by myself. I've got a wheel sheet mover, and it sunk 3 inches into the ground when I set the sheet on it (thanks to all the rain) and that mover was the only reason I was able to get it slid into the back of my trailer until I'm ready to work with it.

JohnW

New User
John
Bruce, I'd like a 5x5 sheet of 1/2". If you have white or blue that would be nice, but if not, any color will do. Also, I live in Charlotte and could run up to your place in the next week or so to pick it up. Timing depends on when an upcoming surgery gets scheduled. Might be able to bring some more back to Charlotte area if anyone around here would like some.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey Bruce. Consider your next Raleigh run to be April 5 or 6 Buyers can pickup at my shop and help with the Urns for Vets build

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member

Ken, there are less than full size sheets in the warehouse. What size will fit in your RV? I can put your name on them.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
2 x 4' or 3 x 4 would work well in the small SUV. Or anything smaller - those sizes would probably be the most useful for jigs, etc.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
2 x 4' or 3 x 4 would work well in the small SUV. Or anything smaller - those sizes would probably be the most useful for jigs, etc.

I can have those sizes Ken, just tell me what you'd like and I'll cut them here if you want to buy full sheets. I just finished cutting 3/4" into router top blanks.

ck1999

Chris
User
What size are the router top blanks you are making? Are you making any smaller ones? I was thinking about 18x24.

Also, besides router table what are people using these sheets for?

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Chris, I have a piece of 1"x18"x60?" that would make 2 great router tables @ $45.00 for the whole piece,
also have (4) 3/4"x24" 36" on hand @ $40.
Give me a call @ 828-238-6514

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
What size are the router top blanks you are making? Are you making any smaller ones? I was thinking about 18x24.

Also, besides router table what are people using these sheets for?

Chris, be happy to cut you a 3/4" sheet 18x24" if that's your preference, just let me know when you want it, and how you'll get it. Making a run to the east stopping in Charlotte on April 6, or I'll bring some to the Spring Picnic in May, I hope.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
Bruce - I haven't put in for any prior, but if still available I could put two full sheets, one each of 1/2 and 3/4 to work. I could make a 3'x5' sheet in 3/4 work if a full sheet isn't available.

I am on call at work for the next month or so and can't stray away from home for very long. I may be able to get someone to cover for me to pick up at your place between now and your 6 Apr run. If not, I can certainly pop up to Greensboro when you meet Jeremy at the Moose Cafe.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS