Another beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

reprosser

New User
Rick
Hi all,

I was born and raised in the midlands of SC, moved to Atlanta for 8 long years, but have recently moved back to SC. I have my electrical engineering degree from USC, and work as a project manager in a manufacturing plant. My hobbies include photography, ham radio, bagpipes, singing, and computers.

Married for 30+ years, 2 kids, no pets currently.

I have always enjoyed building with wood and was interested in wood turning, but never followed up. I saw an advert for a basic turning class, and after the class I was hooked. Have purchased the basics to get started and I am learning. Made a bunch of pens for Chrismas gifts and I am starting to get the hang of bowls.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Rick, and thanks for the intro. Sounds like the "dark side" already has you firmly in its grasp! :wsmile:

You'll like this site. Lots of knowledge, talent, and friends to be made. Post some pics of your work soon, please.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Welcome to N.C.WW!!

It's a great group of guys and gals, so jump on in with both feet!!

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Hi all,

I was born and raised in the midlands of SC, moved to Atlanta for 8 long years, but have recently moved back to SC. I have my electrical engineering degree from USC, and work as a project manager in a manufacturing plant. My hobbies include photography, ham radio, bagpipes, singing, and computers.

I have always enjoyed building with wood and was interested in wood turning, but never followed up. I saw an advert for a basic turning class, and after the class I was hooked. Have purchased the basics to get started and I am learning. Made a bunch of pens for Chrismas gifts and I am starting to get the hang of bowls.

It does my heart good to see another guy fall down the tube to the dark side....
While I have been down here, I added a woodturning section to my site (link below) but I am not responsible for your getting hooked on turning something else! (Make sure you tell angry wives this....)
Welcome, have fun but be wafe first!

http://www.newwoodworker.com/turning/index.html

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hi Rick, welcome to the site- glad to have you on board - don't forget to show us some of those pens you made for Christmas - we love pictures

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Rick! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Please show us some pictures of those pens. I hope to be sliding down the slippery slope of the darkside soon myself. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Rick, I am glad that you could join us. I look forward to your input in the forums and hopefully seeing some pictures of your work.
See you around!!!

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Welcome aboard, Rick! Now didn't I tell you that you'd get a good welcome if you posted a thread here? Glad to have you here and we'll look forward to seeing some pics of your work.

Dragon

New User
David
Hi all,

Welcome in. I'm new here myself and I too am a former SC'er but from the upstate in Greenville. Lived in Atlanta from '87 to mid '92 and moved back to SC in '98. Now, I'm in NC and getting to know a new area again.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Rick!!!

Hope that you get plenty of enjoyment (as we do) from reading posts from this great bunch of NC woodworking gals and guys!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

They have plenty to offer and throw in a bunch of laughs:gar-Bi along with their great ideas and suggestions.:widea::widea::widea:

By all means have fun and stay safe around those there power tools!!:icon_thum

Wayne

reprosser

New User
Rick
OK - OK ! I got it. Pics are now posted in Turning Projects.

sheesh!:gar-La;

Thanks for the great Welcome.:icon_chee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS