angle drill opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I F n u aint bought it yet SHAME ON YOU :rotflm::rotflm:
The Milwaukee copy is about 100 bucks more! Heck If they have more than one me thinks I may have to buy one :gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-La;:gar-La;

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
the milwaukee is 3 times the price but IMO is worth it. lots o turners use the HF model because 1. its cheep and 2. it's cheep........ :gar-Bi bearings dont last long on any of them when using for this purpose. replacement bearings for the milwaulkee are readily available and easy to change. as for the others? i don't know....

RayH

New User
Ray
I bought one that looks just like that, but with a different label, from Klingspor's a couple of years ago. It was about the same, or less, price. It has done everything I have asked of it. I have not been a heavy user, but it gets into places that nothing else will. For me it was a good purchase. I think it would be good for any casual user. If I were a production site I would get something heavier, but for me the light weight is a plus.

Hope this helps:dontknow::icon_scra,
Ray

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Having owned several of the Milwaukee 55 degree drills for years, I can say they are great in close quarters. We used to call them "store front drills," cause the guys putting up the glass and door fronts on building used them exclusively. As for calling them right angle drills, they aren't. But I do have a Milwaukee Hole Hog that is. It will spin a 4 1/2" bit with no problem. I also have a Milwaukee 1/2 drill with the right angle attachment. These are usually referred to as "electricians drills," as they use them to drill studs for NM cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS