And the Lights Came On

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
About a month ago, I posted about finally getting my AC unit installed. Rather than climb up to it, I put it on one of those light remotes. I use the remote to control unit, cutting off breaker at the end of the day. Well, today, I noticed the little lights that my wife has in some bushes were on. Went into house and cut them off, using the remote in the house. You get the picture don't you? Went back to shop, and AC was off. Cut it on using remote. Later when I went outside, those lights were on again. Cut um off again, AC is off again. That is when the light came on. The remote for AC was using same channel as the remote for the lights. :rotflm:Needless to say, I changed the channels on the remote for the AC unit. Now the lights don't come on. It is a good thing that I hadn't said anything to wife about leaving those lights on.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that is FUNNY!!!!:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

(Me.....I would have ended up calling an electrician!!!:embaresse:embaresse:embaresse)

Don't you just love that automation, Bruce!!

Sure is a nice touch though!!

Wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Can you imagine what Alan's shop must be like? Change the TV channel and the DC comes on. Pick up the phone and the compressor fires up... :rolf:

M

McRabbet

Hey, you guys can laugh all you want, but it happened to me too! When I was setting up my remote control circuitry for my new ClearVue Cyclone with a bin sensor incorporated in it, I was doing some testing. Later I found my garage door open -- yep, you got it -- fortunately, the remote has multiple channels! But I can't vouch that my neighbor's garage door is safe from the new channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors