AN Amazing Deal for the next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Here is an amazing deal on a fully equipped ClearVue Cyclone system for about $500 off normal pricing. I must admit that I have a vested interest in any sales -- I provide the bin sensor system that is included with this offer. The special expires on Thursday, so you'll need to act quickly if you want to take advantage of the offer.

Note to Moderators: If you feel this thread should be deleted, I fully understand.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
The bin sensor uses a pair of garage door safety sensors that are located on top of the cyclone dust bin and sense any blockage through the flexible duct connection at the bin cover. A special circuit waits for a 15-20 second blockage and triggers a bright strobe light (and switchable horn). The user can easily interface the control unit with the cyclone's power relay for automatic shutdown when the alarm is triggered (I provide guidance for doing it) and a switch is included to allow the user to bypass the automated shutdown when the dust collector needs to stay running such as while planing a long board. The entire unit runs on a small 12 Volt DC power supply and everything is included for easy user setup (over 100 units have been installed in the past two years).

I've attached 2 pictures that show the kit contents and key features of the Control Box: (1) On/Off power switch with LED in the On position; (2) Horn on/off push button switch; (3) Cyclone interconnection bushing (user provides 14/2 NM cable); (4) Normal/Bypass Switch; and (5) the Strobe/Horn unit. The power supply plugs into a jack and the sensors connect to a pair of binder posts both on the left side of the unit as seen in the first picture. The 3rd picture shows a typical installation of the sensors above a dust collection bin on a ClearVue Cyclone. Units have also been installed on several Oneida cyclones as well.

Hope this answers your question!

Attachments

• Bin Sensor Contents 2013.jpg
    Bin Sensor Contents 2013.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Control Box Features MASS12ADA.jpg
    Control Box Features MASS12ADA.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Griffith - New Sensors.JPG
    Griffith - New Sensors.JPG
    384 KB · Views: 80

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
so the main purpose of this would be to protect the motor and impeller and not to just tell you when the bin needs to be emptied
No, the primary purpose of the bin sensor is to protect the two very costly ($200 each) nanofilters that remove 99.999% of any dust greater than 0.5 microns to return clean air to the shop environment. The ClearVue cyclone is very efficient at removing the vast majority of dust particles until the bin overflows and any additional incoming dust will be re-entrained and continue on to the filters unless the user is alerted to a full bin. Dust passing through the blower will have very little effect on the impeller (it is made of plate steel) or the blower housing -- remember, we are dealing with sawdust and chips here, not metal or abrasive particles.

Touchwood

New User
Don
The bin sensor uses a pair of garage door safety sensors that are located on top of the cyclone dust bin and sense any blockage through the flexible duct connection at the bin cover. A special circuit waits for a 15-20 second blockage and triggers a bright strobe light (and switchable horn). The user can easily interface the control unit with the cyclone's power relay for automatic shutdown when the alarm is triggered (I provide guidance for doing it) and a switch is included to allow the user to bypass the automated shutdown when the dust collector needs to stay running such as while planing a long board. The entire unit runs on a small 12 Volt DC power supply and everything is included for easy user setup (over 100 units have been installed in the past two years).

I've attached 2 pictures that show the kit contents and key features of the Control Box: (1) On/Off power switch with LED in the On position; (2) Horn on/off push button switch; (3) Cyclone interconnection bushing (user provides 14/2 NM cable); (4) Normal/Bypass Switch; and (5) the Strobe/Horn unit. The power supply plugs into a jack and the sensors connect to a pair of binder posts both on the left side of the unit as seen in the first picture. The 3rd picture shows a typical installation of the sensors above a dust collection bin on a ClearVue Cyclone. Units have also been installed on several Oneida cyclones as well.

Hope this answers your question!

Glad to see you put the "Flash in the can" to good use. Did you end up getting my PCB design from the guy in Florida??

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Don,

I do have the circuit boards assembled in Florida and purchased the rights for the circuit from your collaborator Andrew Walter earlier this year. We've made a few changes in the board and as you can see, I have upgraded the components used in your prototype to full strength commercial level. I've been selling them on the ClearVue Cyclones website for eighteen months. Keeps me busy!

Best wishes to you for a great holiday.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Well, they aren't $2,500 but with the add-on items that ClearVue Cyclones has included with this bundled system, the bundle would cost more than that... I have a CV1800 (purchased in 2007) as do several other members here, included BKind2Anmls (Susan) who won hers in one of the NCWW Raffles a few years ago. They are exceptional dust collection systems made in America (but then I am biased! :rolleyes:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS