American woodyards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Has anyone ever done business with American Woodyards?
They're located on Hillsboro street in raleigh, right across from Dorton Arena/State Farigrounds. It's the big pile of trees between the street and the train tracks...
I called them and they sell rough cut oak for $0.99/bf. I believe that's kiln dried as well. I wish they had a website...
The guy on the phone also mentioned that they had a bunch of other hardwoods too. It was a while back that I called, but i think i remember him mentioning walnut and cherry.
American Woodyards Llc
(919) 851-0073

5199 Hillsborough St
Raleigh, NC

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I heard form several tree cutters that they are closing. I have never understood how their operation worked. I've not see any wood stored other than fresh cut slabs, although their sign does say kiln dried. But there is always something going on there sawyer wise, since last I drove by. It might be worth looking into more. Dave:)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
I've never been there but I can stop in sometime and peep around, I can about throw a rock from here to the place. Just don't ask me to go to Capitol City, a fella's gotta have some limits. :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Capital City would be OK if their wood wasn't stored in outdoor barns so it sucks back the moisture the kiln took away. And if they actually culled out the boards that had been passed over and over and over. I've been there several times and I throw aside the same boards time after time. I guess they hope someone will buy them, but who wants a board shaped like a rainbow. I can go to Lowes and get that. Dave

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I bought from them once a couple of years ago. They had a small selection, but great prices. The guy I talked to was kinda gruff, but nice enough once I got him talking to me. What they have onhand is depending on what they have recently dried.

First time poster btw... just found this site today!
- clay

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Clay!!!!!!!!!!!. I drove by there yesterday to check out the Rock Shop across the street, and they're still sawing wood. I think I saw their kiln also. A gray metal sided building, that at present had a big sign saying "full". I will definitly call them the next time I need some stock, and report back. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS