American Woodturner Magazine - August 2019

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
NCWW was mentioned in American Woodturning Magazine, published for their members. If you subscribe, find the article at the bottom of page 14. It highlights the adjustable lathe stand, for turners who are confined to a chair or wheelchair. The article and photos are the works of our own Phil Soper, and plans created by Dave Richards are linked in the article.

The plexiglass screens were created for the recent AAW show in Raleigh, and were designed and created by Charlie Stickney.

If you are not a subscriber, American Woodturner offers a 60-day guest membership where you can view the magazines and other resources.

Attached (with permission from American Woodturner magazine), here is the page presenting NCWW.

Attachments

• 14_ChattersAug19.pdf
    104.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice write-up and great exposure for NCWW!

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Josh Friend was more than happy to share this article with us without having to buy the magazine. In return, lets all please support him and their ongoing dedication to wood turning by visiting (http://woodturner.org)their site and maybe even subscribing to their magazine.

Aug19Cover.jpg

Attachments

• 14_ChattersAug19.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 240

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Nice write-up Phil. Good work.

EDIT - I got this to work later, so clearly some unknown user error.
Original post:
The link provided in the last line - to Dave Richards plans for lathe stand - went nowhere (for me at least when I copied into my browser).
Here is what I tried: tiny.cc/Lathestand

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Ok nevermind. With the proof theorem that this works I re-tried, and had the same result as you did Scott - it does work! Unsure what the issue was the first two times I tried
May have copied a leading space or an extra character. I did the same with an e-mail yesterday.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I didn't copy anything from the last line of that article. Just double clicked it and it opened right up.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
the tinyurl link is CaSe-SEnsitive... copy exactly as printed

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
the tinyurl link is CaSe-SEnsitive... copy exactly as printed
Acknowledging and sensitive to that, but since I copied and pasted I am certain it was not a CASE issue.
I thought I deleted preceding spaces and the following period, but it doesn't matter now; this does work and I clearly committed an (unknown) user error. I am older but none the wiser.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS