Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've upgraded a few of my disk drives on my home computer and NAS. I have some older ones to give away. There is:

[strike]WD WDE6400 640GB. SATA 3.0 Gb/sec 7200 RPM
[/strike] -------Ben325e

[STRIKE]WD WD7500AACS 750GB SATA 3.0 Gb/sec 7200 RPM[/STRIKE]-----RayH

[STRIKE]Hitachi hde721010sla330 SATA 3.0Gb/sec 1TB 7200 RPM [/STRIKE] -------zapdafish
[STRIKE]WD WD10EACS 1TB SATA 3.0 Gb/sec 7200 RPM[/STRIKE]------- Manfre
[Strike]WD WD7500AACS 750GB SATA 3.0 Gb/sec 7200 RPM[/Strike]-----peteb301

No cost, no guarantees.:gar-La;
The only thing I ask is that they NOT be sold. Just pay forward, please.

I can't ship. PM me if you are interested. First come first serve

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Re: Update -added another Drive. Large sata disk drives for FREE

BUMP - Showing 640GB still available and another 750GB now available. Also for checklist purposes, who is getting what is now mentioned

zapdafish

New User
Steve

Kinda curious what size are you upgrading to? My station at work just got upgraded to a 1TB drive. Hard to imagine having to upgrade to something bigger.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member

Mr Steve, this is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to see here.
I just wish I knew what more of that meant! :rotflm:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Re: Update 1 640GB left. Large sata disk drives for FREE

The last 750 is spoken for. Only thing left is the 640

Ben325e

New User
Ben

Id be happy to have the remaining drive - currently have 200 gig :"-(

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Re: Update 1 640GB left. Large sata disk drives for FREE

Storage is such a funny thing. I have untold terabytes of storage on my home network and I STILL need to get around to building a new RAID NAS to add on to my network. :eusa_doh:

And oddly enough, I still remember my first 10, and 40MB harddrives. I especially remember my first 1GB drive back in '92 (about $2K, was a full-height 5-1/4" monster SCSI drive that drew nearly 30-Watts). And to think I scraped by with an old 40MB hard drive (that I actually still have in a drawer) for my BBS PC back in the mid-to-late 80s!

Then again, I remember a period in the late 80's when RAM prices spiked to $1K/MB -- and my brand new 386 needed 2MB... *ouch* I don't even recall what the 150MB ESDI drive sold for back then.

The irony being, of course, that I could not even fathom owning just a single 1TB (much less 2TB) harddrive back in the 80's... I could only begin to remotely fathom a TB once I got my first 1GB drive... now I'm trying to imagine a PB (Petabyte) drive in the future.

Thanks for sharing your hand-me-downs with others. :icon_thum

manfre

New User
Manfre
Thanks Steve!

:XXcompute The 1 TB drive works like a charm! It was good chatting with you and I hope your back is feeling better.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Thanks Steve!

:XXcompute The 1 TB drive works like a charm! It was good chatting with you and I hope your back is feeling better.

great, I hope you get some reliable use from it. It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you. I hope I wasn't too rude, but the discomfort really got the best of me today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS