After-market splitter for Jet Table Saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

jamie
Senior User
I remember a (long) while back I saw an ad for an aftermarket splitter that could be used on a jet tablesaw. I think it was a merlin or something.

I can't find if they still make these.

does anyone know of an aftermarket splitter/anti-kickback/blade guard for a Jet Cabinet Saw?

The one that came with the saw is so flimsy that every time I remove it, it seems to get out of alignment (to potentially cause more harm than good).

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
+1 for the Shorty Splitter from Lee Styron (maker of the Sharkguard). It's about halfway down this page: http://www.leestyron.com/sharksplitter.php Also highly recommed the ratcheting handle for 10 second removal/replacement.
If you're ever in Concord let me know and you're welcome to check it out. Like Eric said, Lee's pretty backed up. It wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate one of these out of a scrap mower blade ground to the thickness of your sawblade but for <$20 you go really can't go wrong if you can wait.

mtrager

New User
Mitch
I "think" I attached a file comparing splitters and blade covers. If it is not attached I can send you an email with the file.

I have a Jet tablesaw and added the Biesmeyer Snap-in splitter. It worked great. Then I got the Sharkguard blade cover for dust collection and it came with 3 different sized splitters that all worked with the snap-in device. It has worked out as a great combination for me. Taking the splitter in and out takes only a few seconds without any tools.

Hope this helps.

Mitch

jamie

jamie
Senior User
I "think" I attached a file comparing splitters and blade covers. If it is not attached I can send you an email with the file.

I have a Jet tablesaw and added the Biesmeyer Snap-in splitter. It worked great. Then I got the Sharkguard blade cover for dust collection and it came with 3 different sized splitters that all worked with the snap-in device. It has worked out as a great combination for me. Taking the splitter in and out takes only a few seconds without any tools.

Hope this helps.

Mitch

I don't see an attachment...

Which jet do you have? according to my manual, mine is a "JTAS-10XL". That splitter looks like what I am interested in, given the lead-time on the shark guards (still trying to decipher the one I need on that one though)

So you are saying that you can use the shark guard with this attachment method also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors